The summer is sliding by.
- Morton Williams is boycotting Turkish products. (Gothamist)
- This guy turned his GS admissions essay into a Kindle book, so we bought it. Highlight: “I have never smoked a cigarette, drank beer, or used any illegal drugs.” (Amazon)
- All old campus buildings still have asbestos, and are continuing treatments begun this spring.
- Spec was threatened. (Post)
- The f***ball team is really turning itself around. (Daily News)
- More Manhattanville, more demolition. (Commercial Observer)
- Gulati is a badass, and his birthday is coming up in about a week. (CNBC)
- Columbia’s startup incubator location will have free beer. (Capital)
- Our school is expensive. (University Herald).
- We offer our sincere condolences to Luciano Rebay’s family and friends. (Boston Globe).
Update 3:11 p.m.: PrezBo just sent out a press release announcing his appointment of Suzanne Goldberg, Herbert and Doris Wechsler Clinical Professor of Law, as Special Advisor to the President on Sexual Assault Prevention and Response.
Professor Goldberg is currently the director of the Law School’s Center for Gender and Sexuality Law and head of its Sexuality and Gender Law Clinic. As PrezBo’s Special Advisor, she will help develop programming for students, faculty, and staff, and create the organizational structure for the new office of the Executive Vice President of Student Affairs (identity: still unknown). Read his press release: