Senior Wisdom: Ron Gejman
Written by Bwog Staff
Claim to fame: Computer nerd extraordinaire! No, but really, I ran CULPA for the past couple years and revamped it a bit (remember what it used to look like?). I also designed the super-graphic—but ridiculously effective—posters that got put up all over campus during Ahmadinejad week.
Where are you going? I’m going to work in a lab for a year in NYC while I apply to MD-PhD programs. Wish me luck!
Three things you learned at Columbia:
- CU Housing doesn’t understand rules of grammar and consequently interprets its own rules incorrectly.
- The walk from Butler to EC at sunrise after finishing a paper is GLORIOUS.
- Reading week is the best time to work on all the important things you neglected all semester because you finally have something more important to neglect.
Justify your existence in 30 words or less: I got tickets to both Ahmadinejad and Obama-McCain. I was clearly placed on Earth for a reason.
Would you rather give up oral sex or cheese? You can take the lactase away from the man, but you can’t take the man away from his cheese.
Any advice for the Class of 2014?
- Make a group of close friends early on and stick with them all four years.
- Learn how to teach. Find a way to tutor, TA or lecture. You will not regret the time commitment and it will impact EVERY aspect of your life for the better.
- Make friends with seniors every year. They know what’s up and are a great source of advice.
Any regrets? Not sleeping on the roof of SIPA or ever participating in Holi.