Bwog Asked: Uris
Written by Bwog Staff
Some of you might have heard of the recent conflict surrounding Uris library. BSchool students are just way too cool to be surrounded by the likes of lazy, annoying, undergrads.
To protect their space, they have decided to close off the library during finals week to all non-business students—with the exception of econ majors.
So tonight after our meeting, the bravest of the Bwog staff ventured deep into hostile territory to try and
win some hearts and minds gather intelligence on the enemy.
What do the denizens of Uris really think about undergrads in the library? Read on to find out.
- Econ undergrad: I’m working on financial Econ so I have a valid excuse to be here! I don’t really get what the problem is. There’s always lots of space and open desks. I don’t get it.
- Suave girl: I’m fine as long as they don’t take too much space.
- French guy: Personally, I have no problem. I know that some people do, and they think they take up a lot of space, and we’re paying for it and everything, but as long as undergraduates are here and doing work and acting like adults, like some do, I don’t have a problem. I don’t want to keep you out of here.
- Friendly male: I have never seen the way they sleep, so it generally doesn’t matter.
- Group: We are undergraduates. It’s helpful to have a place to talk.
- Cool guy: I’m a phd student. The solution is that since people like these types of loud libraries, create more.
- Considerate man: I commiserate with you. It’s horrible. You should stage a sit-out outside the library.
- Group 2: We’re undergrads studying in Uris, so we love it.
- Actually pretty upset grad student: It doesn’t upset me at all.
- MORE undergrads: I guess this isn’t our library so we’re not the best people to ask..since we don’t belong here either.
- Nice woman: I don’t care. I mean, it gets really packed but…I think everyone should be able to [study here].
- Non-BSchool grad: I don’t mind. I’m not business either so I’m kind of annoyed I’ll have to find a new library.
- Stone cold girl: Oh, I’m not a fan of [having them here]. Most people I know aren’t happy with it.
- Friendly group of BSchool students: *smiles* Ya, that’s fine! I was an undergraduate last year. *affirming nods and smiles from both remaining friends*