Rush Bwog And Keep Our Site From Crashing
Written by Bwog Staff
Bwog is currently accepting applications for positions on the business and tech teams: Account Executives and System Administrators. Interested applicants should send their resumé and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM on Thursday, September 28. Applicants may apply for multiple positions. After receiving all applications, a small number of candidates will be interviewed for the positions, and the final decision will be made shortly afterwards.
An Account Executive’s responsibilities include:
- Maintaining communication with existing clients
- Sourcing new direct advertising sales leads
- Scheduling advertising campaigns
- Compiling analytical reports on advertising campaigns
A System Administrator’s responsibilities include:
- An ability to learn quickly, untangle complicated systems, and track down hard-to-find bugs
- Frontend development on the site’s WordPress theme
- Extensive use and regular maintenance of a Linux server
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: WordPress, PHP, HTML/CSS, NGINX, MySQL, Memcached, Redis.
The heart of the application is a paragraph describing your past experience and qualifications for the job. Candidates should show that they are responsible, honest, self-motivated, and familiar with the culture of Bwog. Past involvement with Bwog or other publications would be a major asset, as would sales, marketing, and digital media experience. Technical skills and/or experience will also be a major asset to an application.