Cooking With Bwog: Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad
Written by Bwog Staff
Bwoggers Cara, Iga, and Mary are back at it, whipping it up in the kitchen for us. Very much encouraged by the response they got from their chocolate cupcakes, they’re here to do it again. This one is for all you vegan readers out there – we see you.
This week, Bwog made this amazingly fresh and vibrant Thai-inspired Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad and we CANNOT stop eating it! Simple and packed with flavor, it only takes a few minutes in the kitchen to throw all together (not to mention it’s completely vegan)! Although cauliflower may seem like a strange base for a salad, tossed with crunchy peanuts and a spicy Sriracha kick, you’ve got a bowl that you can eat morning, noon, and night.
Peanut Lime Cauliflower Salad, adapted from Budget Bytes
- 3 cups of cauliflower
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- 1 fresh lime (or 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Sriracha and/or Harissa
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium, then add the oil and swirl to coat the surface.
- Add the riced cauliflower and a pinch of salt.
- Quinoa, couscous, or even last night’s leftover rice makes for a great substitute for the cauliflower.
- Sauté the cauliflower over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until it reaches your desired level of tenderness.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a bowl and allow it to cool as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Finely dice the red bell pepper and red onion. Roughly chop the cilantro leaves and peanuts.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and peanuts to the bowl with the cooled cauliflower.
- Add the grated ginger and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Pour Sriracha or Harissa over top, then toss to combine the ingredients.
Tags: cooking with bwog 2.0, how about cooking with bwog but specifically meals u find in rap songs, i wanna see this get weird, ie stir fry by migos, no one talk to me until we make this real, trap queen by fetty