Best of Bwog 2006

Bwog has been engaging in some self reflection of late. It’s been an amazing semester, with some highlights you definitely saw, and others you may have missed. Huge shout outs to all our sharp-eyed tipsters, and the delinquents who don’t have anything better to do than contribute to absurdly long comment strings. You make us interesting.

Bwog will be continuing in moderated fashion through the summer. Be sure to check back for updates!

And with that, we give you, in no particular order: the Best of Bwog 2006. Starting with our first comment ever:

Posted by COYOTES! : [1] [ reply]
COYOTES!

Best Quiz: Know your Facades!

Best Comment Debate: TA Lays the Smack Down

Best Kaavya Coverage: How Opal Mehta Got Busted

Best Back of the Envelope Calculation:
Getting Your Money’s Worth

Best Celeb Sighting: Breaking News: Natalie Portman at Columbia

Best Poetry: Sex Butler People Fuck Need: BoredatButler.com Magnetic Haiku

Best Street Fight: Blood! Violence! Pandemonium!

Biggest Gross-out: Consolation Prize

Best Reportage: Goldberg papers

Best Spec Gotcha: The Samuel Moyn Affair

Best Digitalia: March 30

Best Photobwogging (and way to torture pre-frosh): Judgment Day

Best Overheard: Special Delivery!

Best Lecture Hopping: Steven Pinker

Best Interview (and SHOCC Talk): SHOCC’S Tactician

Best Lifetime Exposure for a Cracker: Someone’s Crackin’ Up

Best Election Coverage: President Flaxman’s First Press Conference

Best Housing Coverage: A Brief Diversion

Best Public Service: Shopping with Bwog

Best Random: “Tray-Spotting”

• cody says:

@cody My vote for Best of Everything this semester is Tray-Spotting.

1. oh yeah says:

@oh yeah I agree with cody.

• Best Most Blatnat Self-Referential Bwog Post says:

@Best Most Blatnat Self-Referential Bwog Post Best of Bwog, 2006

1. DHI says:

@DHI That shit is blatnat for sure

• come one bwog says:

@come one bwog this is meta-news. i expect more from you guys.

1. did you tag this says:

@did you tag this as meta before or after i made the comment> because if it was before, i was only stating the obvious, as you yourself admit, this is meta-news.

• oh my god... says:

@oh my god... PLEASE STOP BEING SO OBSESSED WITH YOURSELVES!!! YOU’RE COOL BUT NOT THAT COOL! IN FACT, NOBODY IS AS COOL AS YOU GUYS THINK YOU ARE! IT’S GETTING DISGUSTING! I swear I’m taking this thing off my favorites list after the next “meta-news” post I see.

1. cranky says:

@cranky stop whining, cranky. it’s no big deal.

2. Come on... says:

@Come on... how many college students do you know who are working really hard the week after school ends? People deserve a break.

• M.R. says:

@M.R. I defense of the bwog’s metanews, I think it’s a neat idea. I’d forgotten about some of this stuff (which is very good). So it’s a nice bwog-in-review post. Spec does it, of course they just do it for the ad money.

• Nonon says:

@Nonon Yo, chill on the anti-meta. School’s out, there’s not a lot to report on. This is the blog version of summer television reruns. If it bugs you that much, go surf elsewhere until September, when they’ll actually have breaking news to report. As for me, I’ve stopped being bored at Butler and started being bored at home, so I say bring on the fluff posts while I readjust to civilian life.

• I, for one, says:

@I, for one, find all this stuff interesting…I love december not just for Christmas, but for all those year-in-review issues of magazines and such. All I can say is that I was entertained…it was fun to look back at some great coverage of great moments in the 05-06 year. Take the summer off, Bwog. You deserve it.