Feditor Makes Good

In the beginning, there were three: a libertarian, a conservative, and a socialist who (according to Fed lore) started the Federalist Paper in 1986. Now one of the founding fathers, Neil M. Gorsuch, CC ’88 and FiJi frat boy (not the socialist, Bwog surmises) has been nominated to the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals. If he’s confirmed, he’d be the youngest member in the federal circuit court system at 39–only about 18 years removed from Columbia’s conservative voicebox turned humor rag.

Bwog wonders if the nominators are party to Mr. Gorsuch’s senior yearbook quote:

“The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little
longer.” – Henry Kissinger, August 29, 1967

Click to show comments

• bwogging says:

@bwogging Lets hope there’s an interview with the creator in the next Fed…

• J Train says:

@J Train Blame Canada

• WSJ editorial page says:

@WSJ editorial page I say we shoot down the North Korean missile if they launch it.

1. And I say says:

@And I say we have a nice chance of missing and embarassing ourselves.

1. Well, yeah says:

@Well, yeah That’s why the gov’t hasn’t officially said they’re going to shoot it down. If they don’t miss, it’s a PR bonanza, and if they do, well, we never tried to shoot it down!

1. uhh says:

@uhh The government should try to shoot it down and NOT tell anybody. If it does, “We nuked your nuke, nukers!”. If it doesn’t, “uhh.. what intercept attempt? We don’t know anything about a missile interception attempt. I DIDN’T KNOW ZERE VAS A VAR ON!! I LIVED IN THE BACK!! FACING SVITZERLAND!! I HEARD YODELING ALL DAY LONG!!! AALLAOOLOO!”

1. That's says:

@That's exactly what #9 just said…

1. No... says:

@No... That’s EXACTLY what 9 just said.

• I think says:

@I think we should make sure the confirmation panel should get lots of issues of recent Feds. Their high quality articles should seal the deal for his nomination. That, or congress’s near automatic approval of bush court nominees.

1. Haha. says:

@Haha. I love the idea of the fed sending issues to the judiciary committee idea. I really hope the fed does that and posts their response in their first issue or something.

As for the last line, the last thing we need is a political flamewar on bwog again. Let’s just giggle at the fed controlling the nation.

1. obviator says:

@obviator “the last thing we need is a political flamewar on bwog again.”

what!? that’s what makes bwog interesting and widely read, not innocuous gossip about free food and celebrities.

• maybe says:

@maybe the first poster believed teh statement was classic libertarian cynicism of republican policies..still doesn’t make much sense though as kissinger was a liberal republican…more than likely it just suggest gorsuch might have had a sense of humor

gorsuch might be the libertarian though as the fed article depicts one as the socialist and another one as repeatedly writing articles which talked about how he was being oppressed by liberals. I suppose that would leave gorsuch as the libertarian, though i know some columbia students who’re self proclaimed libertarians who have a puzzling hatred of ‘liberals’

• Ha. says:

@Ha. How scary would a fed editor turned supreme court justice be? Also, I think gorsuch might be the libertarian…both the kissinger quote and his papers on euthanasia seem to point to it.

1. Yeah says:

@Yeah I’m not sure how that Kissinger quote suggests libertarianism, but maybe that’s just me.

• Ad