That’s a hefty wish list
Written by Bwog Staff
Over the summer, an anonymous tipster noticed that the Columbia homepage had added a “Giving” button. Poking around further, the same source found the University’s gift guide, in which everything has a price.
- The Arts Initiative is looking for between $225-670,000 for a “unified University Box Office” in Lerner with online ticketing. Finally?
- Putting on the annual orientation arts party will only cost you $50,000
- Endowing a head coach: $2,000,000
- Endowing M. Diane Murphy: $5,000,000
- Endowing a professor (with matching funds from Trustee Gerry Lenfest): $1,500,000
- Schermerhorn Hall was built with a $500,000 gift. Today $500,000 will only get you a room in Hamilton.
- For only $10,000 you can change the life of a starving college student today! Think of the hipsters, please. The student will send black and white pictures and letters hand written in crayon.