Spec Putting In New Columns
Written by Bwog Staff
After several application deadline postponements, our dead-tree friends at the Spec have finally chosen their new set of opinion columnists. Some old Bwog favorites have returned, some fresh faces have been added, and it’s not known who gets the Friday death slots.
- Anthony Kelley, CC ’09, who wrote what IvyGate called “The Batshittiest Spectator Column You Will Ever Read.”
- Jonathan Hollander, CC ’10, whose most recent Spec piece called out Kelley.
- Adil Ahmed, CC ’09, CCSC VP for Policy and former MSA president.
- Andrew Lyubarsky, CC ’09, one of the hunger strike negotiators, whom Bwog interviewed in Novermber.
- Lauren Salz, BC ’11, CUGOP
PresidentExecutive Director and CPU Communications Coordinator.
- Kate Redburn, CC ’10, and Sarah Leonard, CC ’10, former Dems board members writing a joint column.
- Marissa Mazek, BC ’10, one of the organizers of “Love Your Body Week.”
- Jonathon Grant, GS ’08, actor and dancer.
- Catherine Madeo, GS ’10, a yoga instructor (and the oldest columnist at 33).
- Becky Davies, CC ’10, leader of the Columbia University Food Sustainability Project.
- Dan Blank, CC ’09, who directed KCST’s King Lear, and who hasn’t written for the Spec since Saddam was executed.
- Alexios Shaw, CC ’09, former Managing Editor of The Birch, and water-polo enthusiast.
UPDATE 9:27 PM: Ask for a schedule, and ye shall receive. All mysteries will be solved after the jump.
M Becky Davies
M Dan Blank
T Sarah Leonard and Kate Redburn
W Jon Hollander
Th Catherine Madeo
F Alexi Shaw
M Marissa Mazek
M Adil Ahmed
T Anthony Kelley
W Lauren Salz
Th Andrew Lyubarsky
F Jon Grant