Bwog on a Budget: Ikea Extravaganza
Written by Bwog Staff
Yesterday, in search of relatively cheap and relatively nice-looking dorm room staples, Bwog spent the dreary afternoon at Ikea, Red Hook’s biggest and brightest mega-store.
And while the Ikea Red Hook was a sight to behold, the overall experience was a minor success for Bwog’s dorm room and major’s set-back for Bwog’s budget.
Here are the pros and cons:
- Ikea is located in Red Hook, the best and last of the city’s industrial docks. Think On the Waterfront.
- Ikea delivers to your dorm.
- Ikea Red Hook is accessible by Water Taxi and B77 bus line.
- This spunky red side table sells for just $12.99.
- The heyday of inflatable furniture returns with this inflatable frog ottoman ($15.99)
- Bwog purchased three boldly colored 8′ x 11′ frames for $1.99 each.
- And also 12′ x14′ wicker storage basket for $12.99
- $0.50 hot dogs for lunch!
- The floor plan of Ikea Red Hook includes a labyrinthine series of aisles and a nearly unnavigable stockroom.
- Bwog liked the Ektorp Jennylund chair but not its price tag, a whopping $170.
- Bwog really didn’t like the Ektorp Jennylund slip cover for an additional $80.
- The dimensions of all Ikea rugs exceed the standard 110 sf Wien single.
- The views at Ikea Red Hook are more scintillating than its showrooms.
- Bwog’s final receipt tallied to a total of $369.57.