AltSpec: Let’s Play a Game

Match the quote to the speaker.  To give you a break from problem sets, it should be pretty easy, but answers after the jump anyway.  Good luck!

Quotes

Speakers

“[I]t was like a national day of protest.  There was a counterculture dimension to it.” Roberta Balstad, Center for Research on Environmental Decisions
“…hardly principles on which normal market economics is based.” Barack Obama, CC ’83
“They basically set her up.” Steve Cohen, Executive Director of the Earth Institute
“It’s one of those events that is of low probability but high consequence.  The consequences could be extreme.” Joseph Stiglitz, Professor and Nobel Prize winner
“[Colleges need] to put affordability front and center as they chart a path forward.” Paul Giacomo Jr., Attorney

Answers after the jump!

“[I]t was like a national day of protest.  There was a counterculture dimension to it.”  – Steve Cohen, Executive Director of the Earth Institute, on Earth Day.

“…hardly principles on which normal market economics is based.” – Joseph Stiglitz, Professor and Nobel Prize winner, on the bailouts.

“They basically set her up.” – Paul Giacomo Jr., attorney for Madonna Constantine, on her suit against TC.

“It’s one of those events that is of low probability but high consequence.  The consequences could be extreme.” – Roberta Balstad, Center for Research on Environmental Decisions, on the possibility of solar storms taking out world infrastructure.

“[Colleges need] to put affordability front and center as they chart a path forward.” – Barack Obama, CC ’83 and Generally Important Person, on rapidly rising college tuition.

• Really says:

@Really mature…

• bitter says:

@bitter much? I don’t know any of those Council people and I don’t care. But you really don’t deserve to be here if you’re still juicy-campusing the winning Council ticket.

• Oy with the poodle says:

@Oy with the poodle Wow you’re….cool? I really don’t get this.

First, who the hell are you talking about? Second, stop watching Gossip Girl. In real life it’s not being catty, you’re just sad and not twelve I assume. And three, posting the same thing in three different headlines confirms that you are a creature devoid of wit. If you’re gonna be bitchy, be good at it.

1. Gilmore Girls? says:

@Gilmore Girls? Oy with the poodles already?

• sunburnt says:

@sunburnt No swine flu mention, Bwog?

Also, let me join the “grow the hell up” chorus regarding the Shirley troll.

• ALERT says:

@ALERT Hey Bwog! We have a CU student and a Barnard student plug!

• AJ Pascua says:

@AJ Pascua We lost, you all hate us, we get it. Stop posting trash about us.
    Just because Shirley and I want to be investment bankers doesn’t mean we’re bad people. We wanted to bring actual change to this campus – I don’t get all the BS on this website about resume padding.
    I guess you bitter people out there hiding behind the internet will never know. Class of 2010-
    good luck next year.

1. ALERT says:

@ALERT Gotta admit, it is pretty nasty to take these shots. You don’t like someone, don’t be a fucking coward and post it on a comment forum.

The internet isn’t a private place; then again, I guess you guys don’t know that.

Gluck, AJ

-ALERTBOT

1. hanako says:

@hanako is that you hanako maeda?

1. ALERT says:

@ALERT Nope, this is a happy alum of CU that is trying to do what the CU administration never does:

Find amazing stories/things that are CU-related in other publications.

Enjoy the next one from the NY Post!

-ALERTBOT

• Uhh... says:

@Uhh... That quote could probably be attributed to any member of Council so it’s not really fair to single this Shirley girl out.

• listen to your alum says:

@listen to your alum Seriously, Barry’s got it right. Cut the administrative waste, streamline shit. This place will never be affordable, but it’s a step in the right direction.

What should our staffer name her pet raccoon?

“Columbia gets a lot of criticism for not providing a community, but when I’m in Butler at 5am I feel (read more)
    Things Not To Say To Prospective Students Touring Campus
    October 19, 2019
    I'm not fond of bigots myself, although I believe people who say offensive things shouldn't be shut down but rather (read more)
    Breaking: Columbia University Marching Band To Resume Playing At Athletic Events
    October 19, 2019
    I told admissions I WILL NOT host any cis white males. (read more)
    Things Not To Say To Prospective Students Touring Campus
    October 19, 2019
    He bowed to pressure from BIGOTS and is allowing hate speech back on campus. Shame on him. (read more)
    October 19, 2019