FroYo Returns to Campus, And Other Dining Changes
Written by Bwog Staff
Dining Services has been busy once again with updates to its dining menus, and Bwog checked in with them to see what’s new for the fall semester. The highlights:
- John Jay Dining Hall is now getting its own strawberry jam and salsa from local farms and canneries in Connecticut.
- 212 and Carleton are now being supplied by Boar’s Head Provision Company, a meats provider described to Bwog as “fancier.”
- The one menu addition at Ferris: filet mignon with mozzarella on garlic bread for $5.95
- Another Blue Java branch is now located in Lenfest in the Law School, and stays open until 8 Monday thru Thursday.
- Finally, John Jay will soon be adding a frozen yogurt brand called YoCream (pictured), which Dining Services Director Victoria Dunn said is both “delicious” and “basically Pinkberry.”
- The first theme dinner will be next Thursday (“A Taste of New York”), with another on October 7 (“Sabor Latino”).
Dunn also told Bwog that the Dining Advisory Committee would be looking again at changing up the meal plan system this year, with special emphasis on allowing students more places to swipe for breakfast and late-night meals.
– JCD, photo from Flickr