Senior Wisdom: Whitney Green
Written by Bwog Staff
Claim to fame: President of the Engineering Student Council, Beat-boxing extraordinaire, Awesome facial expressions (or so I am told), Getting to do a senior wisdom!
Where are you going? After this year? To take a nap.
Three things you learned at Columbia:
- Anything and everything can be made into an acronym
- I can rock the hell out of Columbia blue! : )
- If I actually engineered anything, the world would be in trouble
Justify your existence in 30 words or fewer: I like to laugh. A lot. And I prefer people to laugh with me. So if I can bring a smile to your face, then I’ve fulfilled my purpose.
Any war stories from the War on Fun? My greatest opponent seems to be the senate. I’ve been in some kind of issue with them for at least 3 years now (SEAS senate elections, academic calendar, etc.) and it feels like I’ve been conversing with a giant black hole. But don’t worry senate, I’ll be back for more rounds…Oh, and that time I almost fell down President Bollinger’s steps at a fireside chat. One wrong step and there I went smashing Chinese food against the wall. But I managed to catch myself just in time to look up and see the entire room staring at me. Then the coordinator said with a ‘wth’ face, “Please hold on to the banister.” So me vs. Prezbo’s house? Me ftw.
Would you rather give up oral sex or cheese? Seriously, who came up with this question?
Any advice for the Class of 2014?
- You can get almost any done if you have the right leverage.
- Smile, it goes a long way.
- You need two things for a great turnout: free food and free t-shirts
- Sleep when you graduate. There is too much to take advantage of to lose anytime.
- The best things you will take away from this experience are the relationships with the people you will meet. So step outside of your comfort zone and get to know others (their strengths, passions, cultures and talents). You’ll find that by doing this, you’ll discover new things about yourself.
- A 20% on an exam is awesome when the class average is 16%.
Any regrets? I never got a chance to run a giant slinky down Low steps. But glass half full right?