While You Were Tanning
Written by Bwog Staff
The Bwog editors didn’t take the summer off! Here are the highlights from when you were reading People instead of Bwog these past few months.
- GS Valedictorian Brian Corman “borrowed” a joke from a comedian in his speech.
- The 2011 Class Council used an idea from V116 for a new freshman initiative.
- [email protected] announced its allocations for the various governing boards, including a major cut for the IGC.
- The New York State Court of Appeals upheld Columbia’s use of eminent domain for the Manhattanville expansion.
- Columbia has a long history of schooling spies.
- The Barnard administration cooperates with the producers of Gossip Girl for future plot lines.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and the Batmobile were spotted on campus.
- Columbia jumped to #4 (#4!) in the U.S. News & World Report rankings.
- The Economics Department created a Finance-Economics major.
- Urban Outfitters opened their UWS location, and Mel’s Burger Bar finally opened its doors–try their alcoholic milkshakes.