ID-Ology: Morningside Bar Trading Cards

We hear Campo has been a real shitshow (always the fresh-person word of choice to describe anything) the last few nights. Explore your other options, limited as they may be, with bar trading cards, originally posted in last year’s Orientation Blue & White. Have fun post-gaming your Intrepid party! Illustrations by Stephen Davan. Click to enlarge.

• Hey says:

@Hey Who’s up for video chat?

@Anonymous some of these illustrations are so retarded… the heights is completely wrong

• Recycled says:

@Recycled This is recycled from a B&W issue last year…shame.

1. uh... says:

@uh... The last few posts have been re-posts of past Bwog articles for the good of the freshmen. The others were just a tad older than this one.

• Yo says:

@Yo When do the cool kids move in? And do we have class on Rosh Hashanah?

@Anonymous 1) Soon.
      2) Yes. But you get accommodated: http://www.columbia.edu/cu/gsas/rules/chapter-2/pages/holidays/index.html
      Btw, during the semester, the university only closes for Thanksgiving and Election Day.

1. Ummmmm says:

@Ummmmm I’m not jewish loser.

1. Your Hebrew school teacher says:

@Your Hebrew school teacher you’re a jewish winner!
          If you’re in the List College program, you have two schedules! http://www.jtsa.edu/x11936.xml

@Anonymous Of course, some professors do cancel class, so definitely check beforehand. I ran back to campus between Mincha and Neilah last year only to find that Prof. Gross (I should have known) had cancelled class.

@Anonymous I’ve actually seen that guy at Canon’s…

@Anonymous Yes, he is on the football team

• Stay Gold Ponyboy says:

@Stay Gold Ponyboy Stay gold….

• HOLY SHIT says:

@HOLY SHIT THIS IS OFF TOPIC, BUT…

Anyone else here notice FB’s new “Reach Out” box is displaying creepy people?? I’ve refreshed my page 50 times and my exgf popped up 41/50 times along with a girl i asked out last friday 37/50. CREEPY AS FUCK

1. meh says:

@meh i’m pretty sure the system chooses who to put in that box based on how frequently you look at someone’s profile.

1. HOLY SHIT says:

@HOLY SHIT well, the girl i asked out last week – i look at her profile just as much as i look at pretty much everyone else’s…. if anything i look at my brother’s profile 3x more than i look at hers simply cause we talk all the time. could it also be the people who look at YOUR profile the most AND the profiles that YOU look at most? Like, it has to be bothways – both people have to look at each other’s a lot or something….or maybe im wrong but this shit is creepy.

anyone else have this same shit? weird as hell.

1. Sorry to get your hopes up loser says:

@Sorry to get your hopes up loser ….just an illusion of what you want to see. You imagine her picture is up there, but in reality, it’s of some fat Ukranian chick.

1. HOLY SHIT says:

@HOLY SHIT aww i love you too :) <3 <3

2. Yeah.... says:

@Yeah.... I would honestly be shocked if that were the case. The people who seem to populate that box for me are people whose profiles I have viewed recently and in the past but with whom I have communicated little. I think it telling that there are two specific people that, based on odd things they’ve recently told me, I am pretty certain ARE facebook-stalking me (and, believe me, I do not flatter myself with that assertion…) and neither of these people have ever popped up in that box. Meanwhile, a girl that I had a thing for and whose profile I viewed pretty frequently until I decided, about a month ago, that it was unhealthy shows up, like, more than half the time in that damned thing (which is really annoying and unhelpful).

@Anonymous I hear you– and I think there’s a little “x” you can click to stop someone showing up there. Thank God.

• You forgot says:

@You forgot Pourhouse!!!

@Anonymous ok 1020 spot on..the heights, however– has the author ever been there? total miss.

And Professors don’t go to Campo, yuppy tools go there. Though I have seen professors at the heights.

1. Eliza says:

@Eliza Anders, dude, Anders! I’ll say no more.

• seriously? says:

@seriously? Stop using the word ‘tool,’ it’s not a thing, seriously. Say tool one more goddam time, say it again, I dare ya, I triple dare ya.

• uh... says:

@uh... chamomile gin? does it come with a pillow and a blanket? that’s a nap waiting to happen.

• Hey derr says:

@Hey derr I love Haakon’s. I don’t know if fakes are going to work there. But, if you’re old enough, get thee to the Hall post haste.

• CC10 says:

@CC10 As a proud member of the collegiate class of 2010, I am ashamed of our class’s association with O’Connell’s. Still not sure how that happened.

Also, it hasn’t been Canons since before any current undergrad got to campus. It’s no more Canons than Havana Central is the West End, Pourhouse is Mona’s, or Lion’s Head is Joe’s Cantina.

1. mona's! says:

@mona's! that was my favorite sophomore year!

1. CC10 says:

@CC10 I remember during Delta Sig parties there, the bartender would close my tab out at the end of the night, and say something like “Hey buddy. Your tab was $216 dollars, but I only charged you $35”. I can’t imagine why they couldn’t pay their rent.

• 2010 says:

@2010 The Heights is the shit. That is all.

• Correction says:

@Correction The crowd at Campo is actually made up of football bros who call it “The Camp”

@Anonymous Meh,

Cannon’s is made up of Manhattan College kids and Columbia kids who come in late and bitch about the MC kids that are there,