BudgetBwog: Postal Edition

Time is precious, money is scarce, and between pondering the The Other and following Kanye on Twitter, running mundane errands can end up feeling like the most stressful thing in the universe. Bwog wants to help ease your anxiety and make deciding things a tiny bit easier.

Question: Is using Mail Services cheaper than the Post Office (located on 112th next to Book Culture)?

Answer: NO!!!! As it turns out, a light padded envelope to a collegiate pal costs $6.90 at Columbia’s Mail Services and only $2.07 at Columbia University Post Office (unaffiliated, just nearby). Mail in Lerner is sent with FedEx which is why it is so much more expensive. FYI: both FedEx and USPS offer tracking.

Still,  Package Center stories are priceless!

Nostalgia!

More budgeting woes and worries? E-mail tips@bwog.com for the answer to your frugal questions!

• uh... says:

@uh... nostalgia? I’m pretty sure even the freshman are too old to have watched Blue’s Clues.

And if they aren’t… Wow, guess I’m older than I thought.

1. CC14 says:

@CC14 please Blue’s Clues was my favorite show

1. Apparently says:

@Apparently they’re not. Strange.

1. not really says:

@not really According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue%27s_clues) it started in 1996, when most freshpeople were 4 years old.

@Anonymous yeah… my little sister, a junior in HIGH SCHOOL was too old to have watched it.

• Window says:

@Window He’s climbin on your windows
    snatchin yo people up
    so you better hide yo kids
    hide yo wife
    hide yo husband too cuz they snatchin evrybody up in here.

1. Sorry, but says:

@Sorry, but you did not get the lyrics exactly right. Better luck next time.

• Wow. says:

@Wow. I didn’t see it as a kid, but Steve is way cracked out.

• I love says:

@I love all this nostalgia today

@Anonymous FUCK LERNER MAIL

1. CC dude says:

@CC dude Seriously, they tried to give me some girl’s shoes the other day.

@Anonymous it should be costs bwog, copy edit your posts

1. Danielle says:

@Danielle fixed now, thank you!

• Slow says:

@Slow news day?

• gay says:

@gay Steve is HOTT.

• speaking of the mail center... says:

@speaking of the mail center... one of the guys is soooo hot!!

• ... says:

@... wow that’s pretty crazy to think that i dropped out of school around the same year that most freshpeople started. … that’s ok. umm.. … they don’t theaten me… no …. because you know what, i know how to use a MOTHERFUCKING PHONEBOOK. and that is a wealth of life experience, i bring with me to the classroom… EVERY DAY.

• Trapist says:

@Trapist I believe it’s called the 112th Street/Columbia University Station. The lines are always so slow there that you’d probably spend the same amount of time walking to the more efficient 104th street post office, and you’d get the added bonus of a little exercise.