Strive for Topicality: Join Bwog!
Written by Bwog Staff
It’s been a crazy week. Since Sunday, a whopping 312,852 visitors have clicked on Bwog. (Remember when our biggest news was a casting call for a Jay-Z look-a-like?) So you might be asking yourself how you can get involved in such a thrilling, savvy and treat-loving weblog? Huzzah! Bwog is looking for new Daily Editors to join us next semester.
The role of a Daily is to curate the morning’s headlines, compile features, traipse around campus sniffing out posts, and take pictures. It’s sort of like truffle-hunting. The perks: fulfill your love for people-watching and procrastination.
But it’s finals you say? You’re on Bwog anyway. Please send the following application to [email protected] by midnight TONIGHT!
- Omg you totally have a crush on Bwog! Confess your love in a letter.
- Name one Bwog post you liked and one you didn’t like. Briefly explain.
- What’s your favorite Bwog tag?
- Draw Bwog. Seriously!
- Dream up a Bwog post of your choice. A mock free food alert, feature idea—anything you like. Please include a picture.
- Areas of Columbia life you’re interested in writing about (student government, city, arts, PrezBo’s twitter, sports, food, etc.)
- Anything else you want to tell us about yourself?
- Being a Daily Editor is a big deal! You need to prepare posts the night before, and be constantly available on your day to investigate, interview, take pictures, Gchat, and generally make sure things run smoothly. Which day(s) of the week would you be able to commit to Bwog, in addition to our Sunday meeting?
Too much work? We’d love to have you as a contributor to pitch story ideas and cover events. Keep an eye out for our Official First Meeting Announcement at the start of next semester!
Photo via Wikimedia Commons