Morningside Almanac: Week of 5/5
Written by Bwog Staff
The only way to truly take a study break is to eat some snacks. Consider that you are on your tenth study break and that there are local, farm-fresh, nutritional offerings at your door! HamDel will still be there tomorrow, but not the Farmer’s Market!
Out there today:
- Many succulent representatives from the allium genus: Spring garlic, onions, and ramps. (Side note: A recent ramp-related headline that Bwog found titillating: ‘When Digging for Ramps Goes Too Deep.‘)
- Rhubarb and asparagus are finally in season.
- Borghese vineyards will be back Long Island wines.
- Cut flowers, plants and herbs.
- Milk, yoghurt and goat’s milk cheese, honey, fococcia and ostrich products.
- Apples. Always apples.
Things that will make your breath smell bad via Wikimedia