Bwog’s SGA correspondent Renée Kraiem brings you the latest on costume contests, bureaucratic shakeups, and campus events, not-quite-live from the Diana.
- At last night’s meeting, the Colombian dancers emerged victorious from the Rep Council’s Inaugural Costume Contest. Madeline, Nicky Minaj and Gilly from Saturday Night Live also made surprise appearances.
- The SGA is getting a new VP of Finance—Naomi Cooper (BC 12), who will be transitioning over in the coming two weeks.
- If you have upcoming events or open meetings, SGA wants you to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the event’s name, date, time, and one sentence blurb in your email.
- One event that’s on the calendar is tomorrow’s (Thursday, November 3rd) Basketball Mania. Dan from CU Athletics stopped by to talk about fostering a strong relationship between Barnard and CU Athletics, and the Rep Council looks forward to working with them all year. Show up to Levien at 9:30 pm, get a free T-shirt (among other giveaways)!
- Another highlight on the calendar is Barnard’s Sustainable Iniative Consulting Board (SICB)’s round-table tonight (Wednesday, November 2nd), from 7 to 9 pm in the Altschul Atrium (the Hive). If you have any particular green initiatives that you’d like to see tackled this year, or are concerned about energy consumption, waste reduction, or water conservation at Barnard, head to the Hive. To celebrate the arrival of autumn and mourn the disappearance of green around us, a fall-themed diner will be provided.
@who is the indian chick on the left?
@Anonymous i don’t think she is indian.
@Anonymous She is Spanish…ahahha
@lol either way, she is pretty cute
@Anonymous nobody gives a fuck about this
@Anonymous get over yourself, pork-wad
@Anonymous As a Barnard student, I agree. No one cares.
@Anonymous Speak for yourself. Bwog is a forum for both Barnard and Columbia events.
If you don’t give a shit about Barnard because you can’t be bothered to make friends there or go to events there, then don’t bother reading articles pertaining to Barnard students. The only person missing out is going to be you, because you might miss some cool events. On the other hand, I doubt there is a single Barnard lady who would benefit from having you around.