Personals: James Ramseur, CC’13, and Rakhi Agrawal, All The Schools’14

Just because your Valentine’s chocolates have all been eaten doesn’t mean that a sweet, sweet love can’t enter your life. Meet J.T. and Rakhi — and don’t forget to send your lovelorn missives to personals@bwog.com.

Name, Year, School, Major: J.T. Ramseur, 2013, CC, Psychology

Preference: Guy for guy

Hometown: Mountain View, CA via Monterey, CA

Your dream date in seven words or fewer: Pasta dinner, movie, walk in the park

What redeems you as a human being? I don’t give half-assed hugs and I don’t need to drink to dance. Come to think of it, I don’t really need music either.

Obsessive book series of choice: Cliché but true: Harry Potter. I reread the seventh book AGAIN over break.

Library room of choice: Generally my room; occasionally Avery.

What you think the sexiest animal is: Foxes are foxy

Your guilty pleasure song: Say Ok — Vanessa Hudgens

Do you watch “Girls” ironically or unironically? Neither, though I may have seen enough gifs to piece it together.

Historical Hottie: BEYONCÉ IS TIMELESS. Jk, I’ll say a young W.E.B. DuBois. He was kinda cute before balding, and I can be a bit sapiosexual.

Name, Year, School, Major: Rakhi, 2014 yo, All the schools, Philosophy and Applied math and Pre-med

Preference: Girl for everyone

Hometown: WeHa (West Hartford, CT)

Your dream date in seven words or fewer: Snuggling sunshine babies hugs kisses food

What redeems you as a human being? I easily fool a lot of people. I know all and yet am known by none. And I may or may not run Columbia Compliments (guys I really don’t I promise if you run it don’t kill me).

Obsessive book series of choice: The Series of Unfortunate Events

Library room of choice: (IBM) WATSON (Eat. Drank. Facebook. Drank. Talk. Drank. Study (maybe). Drank.)

What you think the sexiest animal is: Elephants

Guilty pleasure song: Sk8er Boi by Avril

Do you watch Girls ironically or unironically? I watch it.

Historical Hottie: http://historical-hotties.tumblr.com/

@Anonymous own up to barnard, yo.

@Anonymous ‘nard and PROUD

2. @April ludgate Tool

@Anonymous some of us can see through your phony megalomania

1. genuine question says:

@genuine question what’s phony megalomania?

• Confused says:

@Confused Wait- is Rakhi from Barnard?

@Anonymous Why are you embarrassed about it Rakhi? What is there to be ashamed of? (Not only here on Bwog but elsewhere and everywhere)

1. anon says:

@anon I’d say that it isn’t a case of her being embarrassed about Barnard as it is about her cultivating this kind of odd but understandable mania for “inter-school unification.” She does everything on campus, she really loves everyone, and basically wants everyone to get along.

@Anonymous Looks like she’s doing a joint program with SEAS.

1. graduating senior says:

@graduating senior fuck my useless existence. I give up everything for the first 18 years of my life trying to get into a good school, and then they award the same privilege to someone of Hendrix College (wtf is that?) for a measly 3.2 GPA. I’m looking at you 3+2 program. And for diluting my hard-earned degree, I will never donate money to Columbia.

fuck you.

1. anon says:

@anon :( I’m sorry…hopefully things will work out well for you.

@Anonymous Uh what does this have to do with the personals?

3. seas '15 says:

@seas '15 get over yourself.
          please.

@Anonymous this school wasn’t created to feed your elitist bullshit. SEAS trains engineers, which this world needs, and gives the opportunity to people who decide to pursue undergraduate engineering degrees after attending college.

5. Belle says:

@Belle You should really ask for a refund on your education, because clearly you’ve missed the entire point. What a terrible shame!

@Anonymous And YOU are the one “diluting” the degree with your blatant idiocy!

7. anon says:

@anon dude. names aren’t everything. president reagan went to eureka college (wtf? no offense eureka college). lots of rich and famous people don’t even get a degree.

i get that you feel like you’ve worked hard, but just a rash judgement on a school’s name and someone’s gpa is a disservice to yourself. its clearly pissing you off, and i don’t know you, but I doubt you like feeling pissed off. Hendrix college person is probably just fine whether you’ve heard of their school or not.

• CC '13 girl says:

@CC '13 girl sooo sapiosexual for W.E.B. Du Bois

• jt says:

@jt sounds pretty cool

1. Ohhh yeah says:

@Ohhh yeah JT is pretty awesome and waaaay sexy

• CC gal says:

@CC gal You go, J.T.!!!

Interested parties: GO FOR IT. J.T. is a genuinely awesome guy.

1. cc girl says:

@cc girl agreed, JT is a great guy!

@Anonymous As someone of the female variety, I can conclusively say that the reason I am single is because all the good guys at Columbia are dating each other. That being said, you go J.T.!!

1. single guy says:

@single guy @Anonymous: what’s a straight single guy gotta do around here, join a frat?

• Hm says:

@Hm Does JT live in/frequent Broadway? I think he once held the door for me before we chatted and I thought, “Wow, what an adorable and genuinely warm human being.”

Also, on an unrelated note, what are you doing to me Bwog personals? Never thought I was a relationship person, but you’re starting to make this tiny twin bed seem awfully empty.

• But actually says:

@But actually Rakhi is one of the sweetest people I know on this campus, and she does so much to bring us together as a community. She’s super thoughtful, dedicated, and loyal to the people in her life. She also happens to be freakin’ hilarious if you actually get to know her.

Love you Rakhi! :D

• A&B (You know who we are) says:

@A&B (You know who we are) Rakhi is the loveliest, sweetest ever. WE LOVE RAKHI. Rakhi4lyf

• Mean girls says:

@Mean girls She doesn’t even go here (Columbia). Barnard is a great school. Appreciate.

@Anonymous The world is a better place for having Rakhi in it.

@Anonymous Rakhi’s a nice person. But seriously, re: this Barnard insecurity of hers, she knows better!

@Anonymous literally gtfo. I would choose hanging with a person like Rahki a thousand times over before choosing to hang out with an asshat like you.

@Anonymous (in response to “not to be a debbie downer…” 8:32pm)

@Anonymous These are two of the BEST people I have ever met on this campus. why do bwog comments/ALL internet comments always find a way to ruin everything.

@Anonymous “ruin everything”? they’ve all been nice but one. also, tracked.

@Anonymous not sure if you’re saying “tracked” as if I was trying to be multiple people, but I wasn’t. sorry I don’t put every thought and reply into one gigantic post.

I actually don’t know why I ever log onto the internet thinking my faith in humanity would be restored. if you reread these comments, half of this shit is just unnecessary. People actually downvoting a post that says the world is a better place because of someone? What kind’ve shit is that.

• David Abud says:

@David Abud oKAYYYYYYY people need to stop being hating on Rakhi, she is awesome and does a lot of really amazing things. Let her affiliate with whatever school she wants to, and @graduating senior needs to get over theri entitlement and stop hating on others for being better human beings. In the words of 2chainz, next time DO BETTER.

Both JT and Rakhi are the shit and deserve to be with amazing people that love them and care about them A WHOLE LOT CUZ THEY’RE SO FING DOPE!

1. lololol says:

@lololol lol icantz splell gramr mistax :/

• wtf says:

@wtf were y’all the bullies they accepted from High Schools for the sake of “diversity”, or do y’all just feel insecure about your own issues and you take it out on the internet.

let Rakhi and anyone else do whatever the fk they want and be whoever the fk they want to be without being judged by the holier-than-thou peanut gallery. got damn. this is type of atmosphere is one reason why we’ve got so many suicides. never knew people could be such assholes.

• JT fan says:

@JT fan JT is on the market?!?! Not only is he a great friend, an awesome leader, but damn it JT is hot. I know you all can see how that Lamda legal clings to his chest! JT you have some real fans out here tryna get at you. Can I just grab a meal w/ you? Bkfast- Nussbaum?

@Anonymous Man, you commenters don’t know what you’re missing. Rakhi and J.T. are wonderful, wonderful people.

• Anon says:

@Anon Yeah these two are among the nicest, most thoughtful people on campus. Bwog trolls, please just stop.

@Anonymous @Hm:
    All of those things are true: J.T. lives in Broadway, is adorable, and is a genuinely warm human being.

@Anonymous her facebook makes no mention of barnard…

@Anonymous can’t deny this: rra2116@barnard.edu

@Anonymous can’t deny this: rra2116@barnard.edu

• Rakhi is says:

@Rakhi is SEXY AS HELL.

Haters gon’ hate.

I’d hit that any day.

• Oh not again... says:

@Oh not again... Looks like there’s another Indian girl who’s pretending to go to Columbia…

• CC '15 says:

@CC '15 LOVE RAKHI!!! SHE’S THE EFFIN BEST.

@Anonymous Rakhi literally makes this school run — whether it’s Barnard or Columbia’s campus. She is involved in so many student groups and somehow manages to give her all to every single one. HUNDREDS of people at on this campus have Rakhi to thank for their positive experiences here. And she’s always smiling — you don’t see a lot of that around here!

LOVE YOU RAKHI!

• BC '13 says:

@BC '13 Rakhi is a wonderful human being! Don’t know how she does what she does, but she does it and she does it well :)

• BC '13 says:

@BC '13 Rakhi is wonderful! Don’t know how she does what she does, but she does it and she does it well :)

• anon says:

@anon RAKHI YOU THE BESTEST!
    So sweet and genuinely caring no matter what :)

• Anon says:

@Anon J.T. say ok is also my guilty pleasure song. No wonder we get along. *sigh*

• CC '14 says:

@CC '14 Listen, if you’re hating on Rakhi, you don’t deserve to be a student on this campus. You have no idea about what she does on a daily basis. Despite all that, I have never seen her without a smile on her face. MAD PROPS RAKHI, YOU ARE THE BEST

1. Barnard says:

@Barnard Hi RAKHI :)

• hot coco says:

@hot coco Any girl that get’s me hot coco for a meeting is an angel. Rakhi you rock i’!

• John says:

@John yaaay bwog finally includes gay people

• barnard girl says:

@barnard girl i hate you rakhi. be proud of being a barnard girl. stop using your gmail/columbia address. you are the reason why people think barnard is inferior.

• Barnard says: