Scholarship Reception Doth Approach

"child, who are you?"

It will be just like this

This Thursday, the annual Dean’s Scholarship Reception will be held in the Roone Arledge Auditorium in Lerner.  Students with named scholarships are invited to go and meet the donor who named their scholarship.  According to the Columbia website, students are matched with donors based on “intellectual pursuits, extracurricular achievements, hometowns and plans for the future, among other factors,” and donors are super pumped to hang out.  It’s a wonderful opportunity to thank the person helping you out through college.

Plus, with any hope they’ll tell you some enlightening stories from their glory days (ctrl+f “panty“).

Bonding via Shutterstock

• named scholar says:

@named scholar were we supposed to get an email inviting us to this? i didn’t :(

@Anonymous I didn’t either originally but last week I got an email reminding me to RSVP, so look for that!

2. First World Problems? says:

@First World Problems? I can’t find my invitation to the free swanky dinner I’m invited to because I get a scholarship to attend an Ivy.

1. Sherry J. Wolf says:

@Sherry J. Wolf They don’t have scholarships in Gaza.

• The Masked Phantom says:

@The Masked Phantom Hey bwog why are you covering up the REAL story on spec sucks dot wordpress dot com!?!?!? SPEC WAS CAUGHT WITH THEIR PANTS DOWN

• JTS '99 says:

@JTS '99 I heard the sponsor for one of the spec editors is Dean Martinez

• SEAS scholar says:

@SEAS scholar My email says that it is actually on Thursday the 21st? Or is this for SEAS only?

@Anonymous Remember to give back as a thanks to those who helped you.

• Freshman says:

@Freshman I get to meet John Jay?? I’m so excited!

• weird says:

@weird did the administration like pay bwog for this post, which is more like an advertisement than news?