Send the B&W Your Poems

Each month, The Blue and White publishes two pages of poetry! Here is our last Measure for Measure. As you can see, they are very nice poems. However, they are by senior editor Torsten Odland. And while we like publishing his poetry—we have published a poem of his below, after the jump—we would also like to publish other students’ poetry.

So: if you have original, unpublished verse that you would like to see in The Blue and White, send it to editors@theblueandwhite.org by Sunday, April 28, at 11:59 pm.

In My Nissan

In high school,

my brother and I would cruise

around our county for hours

listening to Marvin Gaye’s

“Let’s Get It On,”

because we were really funny.

The streets ran

like a tangle of yarn

that had been dropped

by a careless bird,

and every Friday night

we would put on “Good Times, Bad Times”

and try to trace out the pattern

that 2009 is working on America.

One night we counted all

the houses with red doors.

We’re back in the driveway,

calling it quits at 12:30,

and when I open the door

the light conjures my face in the windshield.

—Torsten Odland

@Anonymous uhhhhhhh

@Anonymous A haiku dedicated to one of the most beloved Columbia institutions, sadly taken from us not even months ago:

Creepy Facebook note,
    References to LitHum;
    CU Admirers

• Finn says:

@Finn But Torsten is my fucking homeboy. Don’t replace him with dat hi fulutin shit.

@Anonymous I hope Jim dumps Pam in the end, I think he would be happier with a successful sports agency. Pam is only going to get uglier and there are lots of hot coeds in Philly for an up and coming exec. Does he go for the big city dream, or does he settle for a stuborn Scranton woman? I wish I knew already, because this show is getting stupid, and I can barely stand to watch it, I wish it will end so I can move on and get another Thursday show.

1. Yeah says:

@Yeah Omg, my thoughts exactly! Slash couldn’t have said it better myself.

2. Alex says:

@Alex Preach.

• h8r says:

@h8r ugh torsten

Worst author on Butler Library?

Check out the Chinese robot teachers on the Phys Org X Science web site (read more)
    Callout To Professors Who Clearly Don’t Know What Midterms Are
    February 23, 2019
    That is sad and bizarre. Mort Friedman was too eager to complete the building as a tribute to himself. The (read more)
    NoCo Escalator Problems Due To Toilet Flooding