Bwog recently faced the challenge of the minimalist pantry in Chopped: Bleak But Flavorful Edition, and now we’re back at it. We entered one frantic Furnald snacker’s kitchen for another grueling round of making something out of
This week, we are proud to present Chopped: Chicken And A Triscuit Edition, where we turn the inexplicable remnants of your late night cravings (or at least your post-JJ’s Place cravings) into a real meal.
- Frozen white rice
- Unidentifiably-herbed chicken (is it sweet? is it spicy?)
- Sweet green chili sauce
- Rosemary & olive oil Triscuits
Rosemary and olive oil-crusted chicken over rice:
- Reheat the block of white rice from your refrigerator by microwaving for two minutes and stirring at 30-second intervals. Set aside.
- Grind four Triscuit crackers in a small bowl. You want these to become a very fine crumble. Set aside.
- Slice the chicken into inch-long, half inch-wide pieces and microwave for one minute.
- Coat the chicken in the Triscuit crust. Toss gently together.
- Spread rice onto serving plate. Make it look really nice.
- Place crusted chicken atop the rice, and garnish with amount of sauce as desired. In this case, little sauce was desired.
- Serve and enjoy immediately within the peace and quiet of your patron’s Furnald single.
Time: 5 minutes (no dish-washing required; there were only disposable utensils and wares to be found)