Personals: Aine And Alyssa

Aine

Aine

Searching for a gal to spend Valentine’s Day with? You’re in luck—we have more personals for you today! Today, we would like to introduce two lovely ladies—Aine and Alyssa. If either of them seem like the girl of your dreams, email us at tips@bwog.com and we’ll set you up on a romantic date you won’t soon forget (it may involve a 9:15 am screening of 50 Shades of Grey.)

Name, Year, School, Major: Aine, SEAS ’16, Earth and Environmental Engineering; Sociology Minor

Preference: Girl for guy

Hometown: Brewster, NY

Your nightmare date in seven words or fewer: The first question he asked: “Are you a WASP?”

What redeems you as a human being? The fact that nature exists and is beautiful without trying. And that wine can come out of a box.

Library room of choice: Butler 209, always

Beverage of choice: Coffee or wine

The components of your ideal Westside salad: A large bed of greens & cheese, cheese, cheese (I am lactose intolerant, however)

Where can you usually be found on a Saturday night? After 2 am, Koronets probably

Historical Hottie: JFK – my Irish-Catholic Grandma would be so proud

Alyssa Menz

Alyssa Menz

Name, Year, School, Major: Alyssa Menz, 2015, Columbia College, Sustainable Development

Preference: Gal for a Guy

Hometown: Binghamton, NY

Nightmare date in seven words: Egoist who hates dessert, laughter & adventure

What redeems you as a human being?: I’m a springboard diver, country music fan (does that redeem me or condemn me?), and Ron Swanson is my uncle

Library room of choice: Butler Reference Room – love the light and open space

Beverage of choice: Chocolate milk

The components of your ideal Westside salad: Kale, salmon, mixed nuts, apples, blackberries, celery, chickpeas, corn, goat cheese

Where can you usually be found on a Saturday night?: In season—either the pool or at home watching movies. Out of season—anywhere exploring NYC (dancing, concerts, museums)

Historical Hottie: Babe Didrikson Zaharias – true triple threat!

P.S. the shark in my pic could be you ;P

@Anonymous So you are a wasp, so why would you be offended by that? Should your date be in the dark as to who you are?

1. Nuance! (It exists.) says:

@Nuance! (It exists.) First off, no. Ethnic background no es importante.

Second, even if it was important, you don’t bring it up right off. “You’re not Irish, are you, Irish?” or ‘checking for traces of Bulgaria’ whatever. There’s such a thing as subtlety. I’d prefer to date someone with good health. I wouldn’t go checking their teeth.

1. PS says:

@PS She’s _not_ a WASP, either, you illiterate. Irish-Catholic Grandma? Not an Anglo-Saxon Protestant, I’m thinking.

@Anonymous aine rocks!

@Anonymous I wouldn’t date any girl at Columbia and especially not at Barnard. You’d be in tabloids branded a rapist and her a hero faster than you can say “false accusation”

@Anonymous I am certain the C-B ladies weep for their loss.

• truth teller says:

@truth teller AINE IS AN IRISH QUEEN

• 10 in. dick haver says:

@10 in. dick haver lactose intolerance is a deal breaker for me

• gurl says:

@gurl i think you misunderstood “what redeems you as a human being?”

@Anonymous Nah didn’t you know she created nature and boxed wine?

1. TBH says:

@TBH …she’s the heiress of the Franzia fortune and owns every tree not the Eastern Sea Board