Did you have a strong opinion on fonts and kerning before the Helvetica documentary came out? Do you long to photoshop throbbing veins and maybe a stray hair or two onto the Columbia lawn fountains, finally completing those masterpieces once and for all? Are you looking for an opportunity to take part in greater campus life while still having the freedom to express yourself creatively?
And of course, are you disgruntled Spectator staff, looking to give one big middle finger to the organization that chewed you up and spat you back out while still applying the skills they recruited you for so long ago?
Then you may find yourself at home on the Bwog graphic design team.
Anyone from first year to fourth is welcome to apply, so long as you believe you have the skill set and the interest. Please send us your completed application to email@example.com with the subject line “Graphic Design Application” by 11:59 PM on Tuesday, September 15. You are allowed to apply to the graphic design team as well as a writing position. If you’d like to hear more about what it’s like to be on Bwog, come to our first open meeting this Sunday, September 13, at 7:00 PM! There will be snacks.
About you as a professional:
- Please give us a sense of your prior graphic design experience. If you have a portfolio, please attach at most five relevant examples of your work.
- List any technical skills you believe will help you on the job.
- List any software you are comfortable using.
About you as a human being:
- Why do you want to join the Bwog graphic design team?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- What is one thing you hate about our website design? How would you fix it?