Field Notes: Post- Thanksgiving Edition
Bwog did Thanksgiving:
- Baked, broiled, and consumed several sweet potato pies.
- Cooked Thanksgiving dinner in under 3 hours.
- Had a PB & J for Thanksgiving dinner.
- Made two (2) chocolate pies on two (2) separate days.
- Woke up at 7 am with the rest of my family to start cooking for Thanksgiving (as is tradition). blasted 80s new wave dance mixes while we cooked (as is also tradition)
Bwog saw family:
- Smoked with my sister after she texted 20 people to find a hook up and then played a board game.
- Found out my uncle was briefly in a destructive cult.
- Saw the same extended family twice in one week
- Went to a wedding, has champagne
- Did crafts in a corner with my sister and cousin at thanksgiving so we didn’t have to talk to our relatives.
- Was told by my grandma via my mom to wear makeup to Thanksgiving.
- Tried to pretend the tik toks my zoomer brother kept showing me weren’t funny. I failed because they were very funny.
- Was gifted a book on psychedelics by my aunt.
- Was promised psychedelic mushrooms by said aunt upon our next meeting.
- Got called “the most cynical 18 year old I’ve ever met” by my uncle.
- Discovered that my family friend’s high school girlfriend is a YouTube influencer with 100k followers and discovered that my sister is a Bloomberg 2020 supporter, all in the same weekend. i still can’t tell which was more jarring.
- Acquired edibles from my younger sister who is now my plug??? ugh.
- Petted doggo.
- Vibed with my cats
Bwog did relationships as always:
- Told a boy how I actually felt about him after denying it for a month! Revolutionary.
- Thought my ex-boyfriend had a new girlfriend so I broke down in tears in front of my cousin, only to find that they’re actually just hooking up casually.
- Got a text from an old hookup who said they no longer like hookups, saying that they miss me.
- Hooked up with not one, but two (2) of my high school crushes.
- Gazed at a New Jersey forest at the dying of autumn and wondered if I’m ever going to be loved
Bwog explored the wonders of New York City Transit:
- Got back with an hour left before my first class! We love time!
- Faced the woes of mta on Sunday where I had to take a bus and 3 trains instead of the M60 because for some goddamn reason it was not running at 10 am
- Played myself by taking the 7 thinking I could get to Manhattan, when in fact there were signs clearly posted saying it’s last stop was Queensboro plaza.
Woke myself up by snoring loudly on the flight back to New York.
Bwog did Black Friday:
- Went Black Friday shopping for the first time ever.
- Bought way too much on Black Friday.
- Had a surprisingly successful Black Friday shopping with my mom and brother
- Quit my job (heard horror stories abt working retail on Black Friday, and I was scheduled to work till 1 am)
And everything else in between:
- Drove again for the first time in five (5) months.
- Went for a swim and after I changed into my swim suit and walked out in a towel, realized the pool was DRAINED for break.
- Got drunk at my high school alumni event and snuck into a playground.
- Went to my hometown arcade thoroughly drunk and won a bouncy ball and a Baby Bottle Pop.
- Played beer pong very poorly with my lovely high school friends.
- Ate some cheese that was too delicious to be legal.
- Thought about Costco.
- Broke down over a lack of text from a new man.
- Didn’t touch my homework once.
- Saw one of my closest friends from home who is doing so good and I’m so happy for her!
- Had amazing Chicago hot dogs at two separate places, I now miss hot dogs :(.
- Realized after being home how much I want to be home and want winter break to be here already.