It happens. Sometimes, you just aren’t feeling like hardcore dining hall food. As much as we love Johnathon Jameson or Ferris, there are times when they simply aren’t satisfying enough for all the energy we burn off studying hard. Have no fear, Cooking with Bwog is here.
This recipe can be mastered even by those who have been known to barely be able to boil water or make toast. It requires just three ingredients, and is very versatile for your vegetarian and vegan needs. It does, however, require a ~spiralizer~ (I know, very fancy and sophisticated), and a quick trip to the nearest Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s, but hit up your bestie or crush and make a date of it.
*Disclaimer: Tastes best when experienced with your favorite people to share it with, and blasting your favorite songs in your preferred quad lounge.
- Highly recommend the Trader Joe’s Organic Zucchini Squash, which is about $2.49 for 3 zucchini, which is enough to make this recipe at least three times
- Feel free to use the dining halls as your local grocery store, and steal some meatballs or vegan meatballs (FYI – the Ferris vegan meatballs 10/10) for your cooking endeavors
- If you feel like it, you can pick up the Gardein Classic Meatless Meatballs at Whole Foods (12 meatballs for $3.50)
Sauce of your choice
- Once again, I am not opposed to stopping by Johnathon Jameson and picking up a Columbia Dining cup serving size of marinara sauce from the pasta sauce station
- Pesto is also a good option
- Spiralize about one zucchini in a pan
- Heat up on the stove for about 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, microwave meatballs until warm
- Remove both from heat and put in a bowl
- Add sauce to your taste
Header via me