You’ve watched the videos; you’ve dreamt about this delicious, whipped, creamy, gorgeous coffee… Sigh. Now it’s time to make it.
Dalgona coffee rose to fame on TikTok, and since then the whipped coffee has taken off as a quarantine favorite. The name Dalgona comes from a Korean honeycomb candy, but the coffee is a favorite across the world with variations in India, Pakistan, Greece, and elsewhere. Edit April 18, 2020, 4:55 PM: If you want to learn more about this whipped coffee’s origins, check out this Vice article.
The recipe is super simple, so even you, yes you reader, can make this creamy delicacy.
Ingredients (for one serving):
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee (not ground coffee). We used the Nescafé Clasico instant coffee.
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of warm/hot water
- Glass of milk (warm or chilled – for chilled we recommend adding a couple of ice cubes)
- In a mixing bowl combine the instant coffee, sugar, and water.
- Beat the mixture with a hand held mixer until soft peaks form (about two minutes)
- Add the beaten coffee to a cup of milk, mix, and enjoy!
Images via Bwog Staff