The best at-home meal is PB&J. Now you can make it even more homemade!
I am a big fan of (preferably crunchy) peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. This weekend, my sister and I got creative and made our very own jam! It only takes three ingredients and it is SO GOOD!
- 1 cup of sugar (more or less, depending on how sweet you want the jam to be)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- A container of strawberries
- Pour the sugar, lemon juice, and zest into a pot. Stir the contents over heat until they are mixed well.
- Pour in the washed strawberries into the pot.
- Mix for approximately twenty minutes with the contents at a boil, until the strawberries lose their structure.
- Pour into a jar of your choice and firmly close the jar.
- Allow the jam to chill in the fridge for at least four hours so that the mixture can congeal.
Images via Bwogger