627 West 115th Street, yet to be given a catchier nickname, is a brownstone perfect for students looking to live in apartment-style housing without too many neighbors.
Location: 627 W 115th St.
- Nearby dorms: Woodbridge, Schapiro, the 600s, River
- Stores and restaurants: 115th Street halal cart, Morton Williams, Starbucks, Sweetgreen, Pret, Shake Shack
Cost: $9,872/year for 2019-2020
- Bathrooms: Private, one per apartment
- AC/Heating: no AC
Kitchen: Each apartment equipped with a refrigerator, sink and stove.
- Lounge: lounge in basement
- Laundry: located in basement
- Computers/Printing: unfortunately there is no printer
- Gym: no gym but the walk to Dodge is bascially a straight shot through campus
Intra-transportation: just stairs
- Hardwood/Carpet: no carpet
- Roof: there’s a nice accessable roof!
- Note: Kitchen and bathroom cleaning, along with trash removal, are all student responsibility
- 5 3-person suites
- 1 single (101-145 square feet), 1 double (158-219 square feet)
- 5 studio doubles (317-456 square feet)
- 4 studio singles (200-250 square feet)
- 1 studio triple (923 square feet)
- 2018-2019 2-person suite: 20/541
- 2018-2019 3-person suite: 10/2721
Bwog Recommendation: If you’re looking for a two- or three-person apartment and want to be close to campus, don’t overlook 627 W 115th. While yes it might not appear to be as desireable with no AC or elevator, those spacious and recently renovated rooms should be calling your name! Also, might as well seize the opportunity to live in a New York brownstone.
Roof! via Columbia Housing