I wonder if “doing it for the Vine” is even in our collective conscience anymore…
If you’ve ever heard of this thing called Bwog, you know we post multiple times a day, all day, every day since the dawn of time (aka 2006). How can 25 idiots on a Slack server undertake such a task? It’s all thanks to our Daily Editors, of course!
Daily Editors are what keep the blog running: the very backbone of this fine news (and sometimes not-so-news) organization. Daily Editors are responsible for putting up Bwoglines and pressing ‘Publish’ on every post scheduled (by yours truly) on a certain day each week. You basically get to run the site alongside the Editors of Bwog.
All you have to do is fill out the application found below and send it to email@example.com by this Saturday, September 19th at 11:59 PM EST. The application should be submitted in a PDF titled “*First Name* App.” The application process is mostly to give us an idea of who you are, why you want to help us run the site, and any other quirky things about you that you’d like to share. We will be announcing our Fall 2020 Dailies at our meeting this Sunday via Zoom. The Zoom link will be posted on this Facebook page (email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you don’t have a Facebook account to access the link and we can email it to you).
Daily Editor application:
- Tell us about one Bwog post you liked, one post you didn’t like, and why for both.
- What is your favorite tag?
- Come up with three sample post ideas that you would like to see on Bwog.
- Draw Bwog.
- Why do you want to join Bwog?
- What do you think Bwog is?
- You’re taking Bwog out on a date! What would you do? Where would you go?
- What about Columbia might you be interested in writing about?
- Send us a screenshot of the open tabs on your browser.
- How do you manage your time?
- What three days work best for you to Daily?
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. And remember, Rush Bwog for the Vine!
Meetings every Sunday! via Bwog Archives