Things To Do When You Have Less Than A Minute Left On Zoom
You know what they say — use your time wisely.
We’ve all been there. Your free 40-minute Zoom call gets the ominous “Less than a minute” box in the corner, seemingly staring you and the other participants down. None of you want to start a new topic in fear of getting cut off, but you’ve already wrapped up the previous conversation. Suddenly “less than a minute” feels like hours, and you find yourselves awkwardly waiting in silence.
Thanks to Bwog, this ends here! We’ve compiled a list of far better alternatives for the next time your free Zoom call is about to end.
Fight against the clock
- Start a long rant on any topic that will inevitably be cut off.
- Start playing a song with a really good bass drop but time it out so the minute is up right before the bass drops.
Steal the spotlight
- Pretend to be a talk show host.
- Offer to teach a TikTok dance.
- Reenact a scene from Little Women.
- Cosplay as Shrek and play All Star in the background.
End with a cliffhanger
- Tell them your deepest, darkest secret.
- Confess your sins.
- Admit to being a vampire OR pretend to be attacked by vampires.
- Admit to a heinous crime.
Spread the love!
- Confess your love to someone in the call.
- Read your newest poem.
- Surprise serenade!
- Screen share and start playing the song What is Love.
If all else fails
- Go get a nearby pet/sibling and have them stare blankly at the screen. Do not introduce them to the rest of the call.
- Slowly sink down in your seat so you slide out of the bottom of the frame right at the end of class.
- Have a staring contest with a classmate.
running out of time! via iStock