Zane Bekheet explores all of the nooks and crannies of River Hall.
Location: 628 W 114th Street, between Broadway and Riverside! Very close to campus!
Nearby dorms: Hogan, Broadway, Schapiro
Stores and restaurants: Halal carts <3, Milanos, Junzi, Dig Inn, Sweetgreen, Shake Shack, Morton Williams
Cost: All upperclassmen housing is currently $4,738 per semester.
- Bathrooms: 4 gender-neutral, private bathrooms per floor
- AC/Heat: Unfortunately, no AC so make sure to pack a fan for the beginning of fall and end of spring.
- Laundry: In the basement (4 washers and 4 dryers)
- Kitchen: Shared on every floor (two per floor)
- Lounges: TV lounge in the basement
- Gym: In the basement of River Hall
- Facilities: Kitchens are cleaned once weekly, residents are responsible for the rest.
- Hardwood/Carpet: Hardwood floors galore!
- Music practice room in basement!
- 6 floors of 127 singles and one (1) double.
- Singles are anywhere between 110 and 150 feet (the larger singles are usually at the corners).
- Rooms are suite-style, but can only be picked into during the individual lottery.
- The proximity to Riverside Park is great! River Hall is convenient and a bit quieter.
- If you don’t get an EC suite as a senior, River is a great option.
- River Hall is not far from campus: half a block from Broadway is not bad at all.
- You can make River Hall as social as you want it to be!!
- “River Hall is a great place all to itself just down a hill. The hill can be daunting on cold mornings, but the quiet and close proximity to Riverside Park for morning jogs is wonderful. The new facilities with a small group kitchen, bathrooms, and a common room are well-kept and inviting.”
- “Really close to food options and supermarkets”
All images via Columbia Housing