Howdy y’all! The Councils have been rounded up (well, some of them…).
This week in CCSC:
- CCSC did not meet this week.
This week in ESC:
- This week, ESC’s meeting consisted mostly of position updates.
- Student Body President Estevan Mesa (’22) reported back from the first meeting of the International Students Committee which he attended last week. Ideas suggested at the meeting included a mentorship program between international alumni and international students and workshops for skills such as taxes.
- This week, Mesa is meeting with members of the senior class to discuss discontent with graduation plans.
- Vice President of Student Life Katherine Liu (‘21) reminded the council of the Got FU’d event, which is happening this Friday, March 12th, at 6 PM.
- The council is also beginning preparations for elections and council transition.
This week in GSSC:
- GSSC did not meet this week.
This week in SGA:
- SGA Rep Council heard from Ariana González Stokas, who serves as Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and from Cammie Jones, who has recently been hired as Executive Director of Community Engagement and Inclusion.
- Stokas and Jones spoke on how they foster inclusion and equity at Barnard through a variety of means, ranging from weekly Monday assemblies about anti-racism with Barnard faculty to grants available for students pursuing internships in non-profits, to creating a diversity dashboard, which will provide data on the diversity of Barnard’s community.
- Representatives asked a number of questions about the recent introduction of CARES, Barnard’s role in and relationship to the greater Harlem community, and the future of the Big Problems curriculum for Barnard first-years.
Header via Bwog Illustrator Shane Maughn