Time with family means fucked up stories!
Bwog had a great Bwogsgiving, and Bwog staffers had an equally great Thanksgiving?
- sang God Bless America with my Grandma because it’s one of the only songs she remembers. Did not feel patriotic. Did feel love for my family.
- asked, “Where’s Tess?” at Thanksgiving and awkwardly learned that my parents did not tell me that one of my relative’s dogs died.
- my plans to sneak out and party were foiled by my Dad’s fucked up work schedule (he’s on Zoom in Australia’s time zone from New York from a place in the house where he very much would’ve noticed me leaving late at night).
- listened to my great Grandma sing Yiddish songs.
- walked into my great Grandma’s apartment and saw this strange contraption with pedals and a wheel and things attached to it.
- my Grandma asked me who I was marrying. I’m very much single.
- got my booster and felt ill all of Thanksgiving day!
- started Thanksgiving morning by consuming ginger turmeric shots, CBD honey, and 6 clementines with my high school best friends Mom.
- had espresso martinis with the bestie. Got too chatty at the Thanksgiving dinner.
- dogsat a very stubborn golden retriever named Bob.
- spent Thanksgiving with said dog and Pride and Prejudice (2005). No regrets.
- spent seven hours in a Greenpoint bar for Thanksgiving (it was a family event).
- broke up with my boyfriend after nearly two years. But we are seeing each other again next week?
- held my boyfriend’s baby nephew for the first time :’)
- got my flu shot eek. my boyfriend accompanied me and bought me ghiradelli chocolate.
- my former hook up got into a monogamous relationship and now we just send each other memes.
- explored my gender by coming out to random cishet men on Tinder, seeing their reactions, and seeing how I felt.
Bwog did bizarre things:
- committed to letting a guy sleep over in my dorm tomorrow despite never having met him.
- followed the religion I grew up with for the first time in a long time.
- made a friend at a coffee shop. She turns nine in March.
- Drank four different IPAs because I’m turning into that kind of guy.
- participated in capitalism.
a realistic thanksgiving via Bwarchives