Brb—moving into the Ruggles basement.
Location: 508 West 114th Street, on the corner of Amsterdam, right across from the John Jay gates
- Nearby dorms: John Jay, Carman, Broadway, Hogan, and Greek Row.
- Stores and restaurants: Aside from Stroko’s, JJ’s Place, and Ye Olde John Jay Dining Hall, Ruggles is in a rather sparse location for stores and restaurants.
- Cost: Upperclass housing rates are projected to be $11,026 for the 2022-23 school year.
- Bathrooms: At least one private bathroom per suite.
- AC/Heating: None…yeah.
- Kitchen: One kitchen per suite, including a full-size refrigerator, stove top, oven, and cabinet space for all your cooking needs!
- Lounge: The lounge is located in the basement and boasts a flat screen TV as well as study space.
- Laundry: Washers and dryers are in the basement.
- Computer/Printing: These amenities are not available in Ruggles.
- Gym: The gym is in the basement, also known as the place to be, apparently.
- Flooring: Hardwood (!!!).
- Each floor houses four apartments made up of four-, six-, or eight-person suites.
- There are 84 singles and 60 doubles total in the building.
- Doubles in the four- or six-person suites range from 172 to 200 square feet.
- Singles in four-person suites range from 107 to 157 square feet
- Singles in six-person suites are 135 square feet.
- Singles in eight-person suites range from 100 to 123 square feet.
- From Columbia Housing: “Data from Room Selection 2021 shows the make-up of Ruggles as 61% juniors, 18% sophomores, 18% seniors and 3% mixed-point groups (average point value of mixed-point groups was 15).”
Ruggles is a quiet dorm that provides many amenities, including a gym and lounge. Their suite sizes vary but make it easy for you to live with your friend and enjoy many meals together in your decked-out kitchen. It’s also close to John Jay and Butler—for all your dining and studying needs. Not to mention The! Hardwood! Floors!
Ruggles header via Bwarchives
Ruggles gallery via Bwarchives