Impress any dinner guest with this simple recipe!
Pasta alla vodka is the perfect comfort food for cooler months, and is surprisingly simple to make. In fact, this dish is almost as easy as it is delicious; try it yourself to find out!
- 1 lb pasta (I recommend penne or rigatoni)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup vodka
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook your pasta al dente according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and add onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally for about three minutes.
- Reduce the heat and add the vodka. Stir for about three minutes, or until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, adding some water if needed. Simmer until the sauce begins to thicken (about 10 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cream. Once combined, add the cheese and cooked pasta.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and top with oregano and parsley.
Pasta alla vodka image via Wikimedia commons