To think that Halloween will be relegated to a weekday for the next three years…
Bwog had some wonderful costumes:
- Was a fairy at an NYU frat.
- Dressed up as a martini, which most people did not get, but the ones that did were very excited about it.
- Made four costumes for three Halloween parties because crafts are fun.
- Dressed up as The Joker (but not Leto’s version because we hate Jared Leto).
- Dressed slutty.
- Went conceptual with the costumes this year.
- Dressed up like a pilgrim for Halloween and satisfied my third grade hyperfixation with Plymouth Rock.
- Was stopped by two old men on my way to my Halloween-themed club meeting because they thought I looked “really cute” in my pilgrim costume. I was really creeped out!
- Figured out a Halloween “costume” Friday morning for a Halloween party that night. High concept, low effort: I was a kindergartener choosing their own outfit for the first time. Excellent excuse to wear pigtails and atrocious pattern clashes. No regrets except that the concept is a lot to explain to someone in a very loud and dark room.
- Was happy to get many compliments on a costume that I did not put very much effort into.
Bwog drank… a lot:
- Went out to a friend’s 21st birthday party, in which the theme read: Disney Channel original movie comedy drag show. Ended up eating chicken and waffles drunk at 3 am.
- Tried to set up a blowup mattress while drunk, failed.
- Went to a baby shower hungover.
- Had rosé for the first time, can’t lie it tasted like cough syrup.
- Got drunk.
- Met up with my Marriage Pact match for coffee while epically hungover.
Bwog dealt with the tail end of midterm season:
- Absolutely agonized over the shortest paper ever. Burnout is real!
- Got a physics midterm back.
- Took a bio exam, shoutout to the department for providing a last minute accommodation.
- Had two midterms. Odds are at least one of them went okay.
- Prof walked in during one of said midterms so we could ask questions, and she was really passive-aggressive. Ended up rushing and leaving one of the questions blank on that one.
- Did a take-home midterm at 8:30 am on Saturday. It was brutal.
- Bought myself some new earrings as a reward for making it through.
- Went into hyperfocus mode and wrote five more pages of my thesis in three hours. Also read an entire French futurist play in one sitting. Productivity!
- Ended up in the ER. Did a problem set to calm myself down while waiting for doctors #justSEASthings.
- Generally brushed up against my own mortality.
Bwog celebrated Halloween in various ways:
- Party hopped.
- Hosted DWB and had the absolute best time!!!
- Threw the most banging Halloween party in my whole building. Was told by party crashers that they showed up because they heard my party was better than the other parties.
- Went to DWB! (x6)
- Went to exactly zero Halloween events. Instead, I slept on a cliff, woke up in the middle of the night and saw SO many stars.
- And, once again, as always, did not do any work. No regrets about it.
- Did retail therapy by getting a bunch of silly drinks at H-Mart.
- Decided to skip out on going to the play version of “A Little Life” and instead went to a Matt Maltese concert with my roommates! Right choice.
- Spent three cold hours in the attic of Dodge Hall.
Pumpkin via Bwarchives