Boy, is that a mouthful.
- Nearby dorms: Between 600 and 620, across from the Quad, and nearby Elliot, Woodbridge, Schapiro, and Claremont.
- Stores and restaurants: Close to Shake Shack, Morton Williams, Pret, the halal carts, Sweetgreen, Lululemon, and all your favorite stores on Broadway.
- Cost: Yearly expected cost is $11,738 for traditional singles and doubles.
- Bathrooms: Each suite has a private bathroom.
- AC/Heating: 616 has air conditioning.
- Kitchen: The suite kitchens all have refrigerators, a sink, an oven, and a table.
- Lounges: Communal lounge on the first floor. Very spacious, has a piano, and includes a computer lounge.
- Laundry: The laundry room is in the basement.
- Gym: 616 does not have a gym.
- Hardwood/Carpet: No carpet, but would probably fall under linoleum tiles. Think classic dorm floors.
- Wifi: Access to Barnard Secure and Barnard Guest.
- Singles and doubles in five to six-person suites
- The doubles are very spacious: Approximately 192 to 221 square feet!
Numbers from the 2022 lottery:
- Out of 163 students that picked 616, 10.4% were seniors (17), 60.12% were juniors (98), and 29.45% were sophomores (48).
616 has all a college student could want. Is it a little small? Sure, but get nice and cozy with your roommates and you’re fine. Living in a shafted double is definitely the worst luck of the draw, but there’s plenty of space in those doubles. You’re close to campus, but not right on Broadway, so the area is a little bit quieter. Most of the bathrooms are huge, perfect for six-person suites, and most are recently renovated and beautifully tiled. If you get a street-facing view, you’ve got a stunning little space. Not a lot of common space, and the kitchens are very small, but in exchange for bigger rooms, it’s definitely worth it.
- “If you’re shafted, it’s like a little dirty dungeon.”
- “The doubles are huge, great for living with a roommate.”
- “I like it.”
- “The stairs are pretty.”
- “No roaches!!”
Featured image via author
Images via former 616 residents and author (former 616 resident)
@Anonymous Barnard needs to desperately renovate all the 600’s.