Just read this and reconsider. Please. Give me a shot (haha). I need this.
Before seeing my friend who goes to Syracuse, I stopped into our beloved Barnard store to fulfill her special request: a shot glass for her collection. I walked around twice, seeing clothes, mugs, and even puzzles, but there wasn’t a single shot glass in sight. You may think, “obviously they don’t have shot glasses, this is an esteemed elite academic institution” so I compiled a list to convince whoever makes these decisions why adding a shot glass to the merchandise collection is absolutely necessary.
- Literally every other school has branded shot glasses.
- Shot glasses do not encourage the student body to drink. Those who buy them likely already consume alcohol and those who do not would have no reason to buy a shot glass.
- If people drink at college regardless, why not make it cute? Why not accessorize with the logo of the institution we hold so dearly in our hearts?
- Shot glasses can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you could use it to hold the various funky rings seen on the hands of many a Barnard student. Also, you could store treats there for the mice who have recently been spotted taking over the quad floors 2-5 (as specified by a recent email).
- They are collectible items. My best friend collects shot glasses and she is immensely proud of me and wants one. A stuffed Millie will not suffice to fill the void on her shot glass shelf.
Please, Barnard Store, I beg you to reconsider and give the student body what they so desperately need: shot glasses.
The Beloved Barnard Store Via Bwarchives