Welcome back to campus, and welcome to new Bwog readers! “Where Art Thou” is a weekly guide to interesting and notable lectures, events, and performances for the literary/musically/theatrically-inclined.
Your event wasn’t mentioned in Where Art Thou? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be sure to include you! Throughout the year, we do our best to promote arts at Columbia and Barnard to the entire student community, and the best way to make sure your event gets promoted and covered is by reaching out to us.
Exhibit Opening: Ukraine’s People Revealed!
- September 7, 6 pm, Harriman Institute Atrium
- The Harriman Institute will host an opening reception for its new exhibit, showcasing drawings and paintings displaying early ethnographic depictions of the people of Ukraine.
Uptown Triennial 2023 Panel Discussion
- September 9, 1:30 pm, Katharina Otto-Bernstein Screening Room
- This discussion features artists Ivan Forde, Kathleen Granados, Carlos Jesus Martinez-Dominguez/FEEGZ, Carl Hancock Rux, and Dianne Smith in conversation about the incorporation of the sonic into their media and works.
MeMoSa: [ ] by Artist-in-Residence Adrienne Westwood
- September 7, 5:30 pm, Movement Lab, Milstein Center LL020
- Featured choreographer Adrienne Westwood and composer Angelica Negron develop an embodied exploration into histories of femme ancestors, weaving a sonic sculpture to call in and hold family lore, real and imagined histories, and womxn’s visible/invisible labor.
Fall vibes via Bwarchives