Cooking With Bwog: Pasta Reprise
Written by Bwog Staff
I have a confession to make: I have never been to McBain. All I know of the place is that sophomores often get “shafted” there. I found my way to Alexandra’s relatively well-stocked double, complete with chicken cutlets, broccoli, mozzarella. It was a beautiful sight. Even with these options, the obvious vehicle was pasta, the go-to form of sustenance for the college student.
Pasta with Chicken, Broccoli, and Crème Fraiche
- ½ lb. pasta, cooked in salted water and drained
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 chicken cutlets, diced
- Salt and Complete Seasoning (or pepper)
- 2 C broccoli florets
- ½ C crème fraiche
- ¼ C shredded mozzarella
- Parmesan for garnish
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken cutlets with the salt and Seasoning. Toss the chicken into the skillet and sauté until cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the skillet to a plate, using a slotted spoon. Toss the broccoli into the skillet and sauté until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Add the chicken back into the skillet and add the crème fraiche, making a thin sauce. Add the mozzarella to give the sauce a little body.
- Right before the pasta is finished cooking, drain and toss with the sauce, over medium-high heat about 1 minute. The pasta will finish cooking to al dente in the hot sauce, and it will take on the flavor of the sauce.
- Plate and garnish with the parmesan.