While you’re sweating over data entry and filling coffee cups in your summer internship, you might look back at those strange, wild memories of Butler Library dominating the four a.m. sky as you walked from drudgery to sleep and pine for a return to the college life. Don’t worry. We’re here to give you every minute morsel of gossip from the Morningside Heights bubble to feed your Columbia addiction over the summer.
- 11:59 p.m. is the deadline for summer transfer, so log into the housing portal if you’re unhappy with the room you’re currently scheduled to live in for the upcoming school year. We can’t promise you that your new room will be any better, though.
- As pictured, the Class of 1929 gates have been removed from the exit by John Jay.
- Barnard has added six new trustees to its board: Golden Globe-winning actor Dylan McDermott (!) (he has a daughter at Barnard), executive coach and leadership development consultant Terry Newman ’79, telecommunications executive Allen Salmasi, Warren Wilson College President Steven Solnick, Brazilian philanthropist Carolina Steinbruch, and renowned choreographer Twyla Tharp ’63.
- Spec reports that Havana Central will be replaced by Heartland Brewery. Here’s hoping they’ll invite Bwog to review them and give us complimentary drinks.
- There will be a memorial service held tomorrow evening for Andrew Hamilton, GS ’13, who recently passed away.
- Gulati is in the news lately
solely because of our photoshop contestbecause he is the president of the US Soccer Federation. Here he is at a party with Will Ferrell, being even more of a badass than he was during your Principles class: