The universe to you right now.
Spring break’s over. It’s somehow still cold. You’ve just flunked three consecutive midterms. Zayn left One Direction. We get it; March sucks. Here, our resident music aficionado and features editor Tatini Mal-Sarkar brings you precisely one hour’s worth of angry, angsty music to get you through these really terrible days.
1. Suffocation — Crystal Castles
You feel like you’re drowning too, don’t you? It’s the damn rain.
2. Violent Dreams — Crystal Castles
Don’t lie, you’ve had them too.
3. Let Me Break — You Love Her Coz She’s Dead
The title, the artist… Feel free to shake dramatically as you cry to this song.
4. Zero Life — Kap Bambino
You, for the rest of the semester.
5. Things That Are Bad For Me (Part 1) — Colleen Green
“Gotta stop doing things that are bad for me…” O K
6. I’m Not Okay (I Promise) — My Chemical Romance
Screw it. Who needs dignity?
7. The Boredom Is The Reason I Started Swimming. It’s Also The Reason I Started Sinking — The Front Bottoms
Again, screw it.
8. The Crying Game — Nicki Minaj
Is that what they call this, Nicki???
9. Bitch Theme — Bratmobile
This is the part where you alienate anyone who’s ever loved you, ever.
10. The New Year — Death Cab For Cutie
Hahahahaha, you thought this year would be different. Hahahahaha.
11. Cool Schmool — Bratmobile
You don’t need academics for a future. Screw academia. It’s just a massive circle jerk anyway.
12. Now I’m All Messed Up — Tegan and Sara
Don’t worry, Quin sisters, we’re right there with you.
13. Spaces — One Direction
Even Zayn grew up. Why can’t you???
14. So Appalled — Kanye, Jay-Z, everyone
“One hand in the air, if you don’t really care, middle finger in the air, if you don’t really care…”
15. No Role Modelz — J. Cole
Is there even anything/anyone we’re aspiring to??? What is the meaning of life??? Where are we even going???
16. Marilyn Monroe — Nicki Minaj
“It’s like all the good things, they fall apart.” Preach, babe.
Don’t worry, even Spotify hates you, probably