Overheard: Where the Hedonists Head

Heading back home from an EC party.

This weekend spawned some particularly sparkly gems. First, in the wee hours of the morning, a fairly intoxicated guy and girl approach the sign-in desk. The guy swipes in, but the girl lingers for a moment. She needs to be signed in:

Guy: Oh, so you go to Barnard?

Girl: Um, yeah. Is that a problem?

Guy: No… (looks her up and down)… not at all. Yeah, that’s cool. Okay, I’ll stop talking now.

Girl: Yeah, maybe you should.

Across Broadway, in 600, a Barnard lass had this to say about the her humble abode:

“Barnard dorms just weren’t made for parties.  E.C. was made thinking ‘children are going to get drunk and vomit here.’ The architect was LOLing while he designed EC.”

Mysteriously produced image from Wikimedia Commons

• Well, I never! says:

@Well, I never! Those Barnard girls are full of sass.

1. Actually, says:

@Actually, I’ve been hanging out with a lot more Barnard girls this semester (since 3 of my sociology classes are over there) and generally, they’re a lot of fun.

Columbia girls tend to be ‘smarter’ in class and then unable to function properly outside. They’re either too intense (no, I don’t want to talk about your JP Morgan internship interview for 2 hours) or just kind of stupid (don’t be upset that you’re being checked out at 1020 when your dress barely covers your underwear).

Barnard girls may get wasted & desperate in 2.5 minutes every Thursday night at 1020 but at least they cop to it.

Then again maybe I’m just jaded by my Columbia ex. Sofia, you bitch.

@Anonymous I like my women to conform to their gender roles. Stfu, function properly.

(reposted from above)

1. Is that chip on your shoulder BBQ-flavored says:

@Is that chip on your shoulder BBQ-flavored Uh, yeah. Shouldn’t…everyone aim to behave properly? As in a non-irrational, non-batshit, socially-aware way?

I’m sorry, but feminism doesn’t excuse you acting like a nutcase under the umbrella of being liberated?

@Anonymous I always wondered what it was like to be the security guard working at that desk…

• BC '14 says:

@BC '14 Barnard hate commencing in 3…2…1…

1. BC '14 says:

@BC '14 Hatred, technically.

@Anonymous barnard is not columbia – discuss.

1. you says:

@you are so witty! rofrofrofrofrof.

1. rofrofrof says:

@rofrofrof Totally stealing that word for future use.

@Anonymous I like my women to conform to their gender roles.

What should you actually Venmo people for?

Great news. Every Columbia student living off-campus in Harlem or MH is causing gentrification. The best thing Columbia can do (read more)
    Columbia Officially Files To Build New Graduate Student Housing And McDonald’s On Manhattanville Lot
    December 8, 2019
    Chaotic neutral and chaotic evil should be switched. Sitting on the inclined tables is deeply unsettling but doesn't actually inconvenience (read more)
    An Alignment Chart Based On Where You Sit In Ferris
    December 8, 2019
    This is a great idea. Cheaper, better artists, and more people will be able to attend at lower ticket prices. (read more)
    Bacchanal To Be Moved Off-Campus To Terminal 5
    December 8, 2019
    Amazon, Facebook, Google, Netflix are all moving to Hudson Yards. (read more)
    Bwoglines: Amazon Is Coming To Town