Winter Wonderland

Grab your sled, build a snowman, and roast some chestnuts, it’s snowing!  This morning, Columbia has woken up to the first flurry of the season— which by the looks of it, is slowly turning into a blizzard. Join Bwog in putting your boots on and being jolly. Picture submissions welcome!

• BC says:

@BC FUUUUUUCK this!!! Its cold out!

@Anonymous Alright guys…..who’s gonna go out and draw a giant snow penis on south lawn?

1. BC says:

@BC As much as I hate the cold I’m so down for this idea! ;)))

1. woah says:

@woah didn’t realize chicks liked drawing penises.

i’m taken for now but if something ever goes wrong in my relationship, give me a holler.

– seas guy who likes snow and who likes embracing his girlfriend in said snow and is in relationship ’12

• question for my classmates says:

@question for my classmates i just got on FB and saw all your statuses complaining about snow.

question: am i the only guy here who actually WELCOMES snow and winter? like seriously. it’s almost like a movie. i love walking outside in the middle of the white flakes in my black overcoat and letting the frisk cool air hit my face. everything just feels so melodramatic!

and it’s especially more dramatic when i meet up with my gf. embracing her with gust and snow all around us is absolutely the best. way better than doing so in the summer/sun/beach.

love the snow. love winter. love nyc. love cu.

– seas guy ’12

1. Yo, I'm real happy for you but says:

@Yo, I'm real happy for you but walking down the street / across the street / in the street while under several inches of slush and water is not what I consider an ideal situation.

@Anonymous If snow just despawned instead of melted, I would agree with you.

3. BC says:

@BC Well “seas guy” says it all ….

@Anonymous YES SNOW. In October.

• godamnit bwog says:

@godamnit bwog i just woke up and was hoping to have a good mindset today.

then i read “winter wonderland” and it immediately sparked flashbacks of going to the concert of my friend’s 7th grade choir group with her singing “we’re happy tonightttt, walking in a winter. wonder. lannnnd!!”

and now i feel slightly depressed due to both the nostalgia and the yearning for something past :(

– 21 yro guy, cc ’12

Discrete math is like baby's first college math class, chill out brother (read more)
    A Bwogger’s Guide To Good First-Year Classes: Fall 2020 Edition
    August 4, 2020
    Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post thank (read more)
    Email From Columbia Admin Requests That Graduate Students And Faculty Reconsider Teaching Solely Online, Gives Three Days To Decide
    August 4, 2020
    Hi! That's totally fair. We don't condone excess socializing during the pandemic. However, we wrote this based on general freshman (read more)
    Things We Wish We Knew Our First-Year
    August 4, 2020
    It's laughable that there are already "scientific" papers on "long term covid 19 effects" where "long term" means a couple (read more)
    Everything We Know About Columbia’s Reopening Plan (As Of 7/28/2020)
    August 3, 2020