Here is information from Columbia Health that will help you help us:
Columbia Health will provide free flu shots Tuesday, January 29, 2013, at Lerner Hall, Broadway Room, from 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (University ID Card required) Alternatively, you may schedule an appointment at Medical Services in John Jay Hall by calling (212) 854-2284.
For those of you who may have been raised by wolves, here are some tips from Columbia Health to stay healthy during flu season:
- Use good hand hygiene. Wash your hands often with soap and water; especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleansers are equally effective.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Try to avoid casually touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid close contact, such as hugging or kissing, with others who are ill.
- If you become ill, limit your contact with others to keep from exposing them.
- Remember, if you become ill, it is important to not attend classes or public events until you are well again. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends remaining in your residence hall or at home for at least 24 hours after you no longer have fever (without the use of medications that reduce fever, like Motrin or Tylenol).
For more flu prevention tips and information about coping with the flu, please visit:
Wolfy friends via Shutterstock