3LAU Not Playing for Bacchanal, or at Columbia

3LAU himself.

3LAU himself.

Despite what his tour poster says, 3LAU will not be playing at Columbia on April 18th. According to a Pi Delta Psi member at last night’s Inter-Greek Council meeting, there had been an issue getting administrator approval for 3LAU to play at a Greek house. Instead, his concert, hosted by Pi Delta Psi, will be at the Best Buy Theatre. The event will be open only to college students. Tickets are $20 for Columbia students, $30 for other college students, and proceeds will go to Pencils of Promise and Big Brothers Big Sisters.

• hate to say it says:

@hate to say it just listened to some of 3LAU’s music…

not impressed :(

1. Obsessed with EDM, but says:

@Obsessed with EDM, but I don’t get all the hate on this post. 3lau is just… meh. His “talent” is putting acapella tracks over other people’s stuff, it’s not exactly the most impressive thing in the world.

2. $20? says:

@$20? id rather pay 20 to go see a real DJ at pacha….

@Anonymous pacha is terrible! guiddo nation… just go for free to le bain, finale, provac, or something that actually doesn’t let Pauly D and grimy people in…

@Anonymous I’m glad these no-talent hacks like this guy and Macklemore are slowly being eliminated. I still hold out hope for an artist with actual talent this year.

• I'm impressed says:

@I'm impressed I’m pumped… people can hate on macklemore and 3lau, but honestly, this is probably one of the biggest events that a student organization has ever put together. plus it’s all for charity it looks like so props to PDPsi

1. GDI says:

@GDI Absolutely. I am completely unaffiliated but these are the kind of groups that deserve a house.

@Anonymous OMG 3LAU! Screw you guys! I saw him at Ezoo and it was epic! Why not one for Columbia as well?! GOOD JOB PDP!

@Anonymous Hm..I could fucks with this

• CC 14 says:

@CC 14 Why would the administration not want to approve an awesome charity event like that? That sucks!

@Anonymous because the school loves sippin’ on that haterade

• Suck it... says:

@Suck it... Lambda

• War on Fun says:

@War on Fun this is why I kick myself for not going to a state school

@Anonymous @War on Fun: He’s still coming to NYC to play for only college kids; it’s just at Best Buy Theater instead of on campus.

• PLUR says:

@PLUR If I can feel connected to hundreds/thousands of other people that I don’t have any actual relation to at an EDM concert (sober or otherwise), I’m super excited to imagine how it’ll feel raging with hundreds of other Columbia and NYC college students around me!

1. molly says:

@molly EXACTLY THIS. I’m practically rolling already thinking of how euphoric it’s going to feel with Columbians (friends, acquaintances, strangers I’ve walked past on College Walk) all around. Let’s embrace the love and make it an awesome night, guys.

1. disilusioned ccny transfer double majoring at stern and tisch says:

@disilusioned ccny transfer double majoring at stern and tisch *slurp*

• Edm noob says:

@Edm noob I have never been to an edm concert but I wouldn’t mind going to this as my first one. Especially if my friends will be there :)

• Columbia Housing says:

@Columbia Housing yes. housing should definitely go to any organization that fronts a few grand to throw a thursday night off campus charity rave with a mashup dj. glad we hired GDI’s with so much insight

1. Columbia Realist says:

@Columbia Realist First it takes tens of thousands of dollars to do an event like this.

Second they are raising money for 2 different charities. We’ll see how much they actually end up donating, but it seems like they’ll raise more money than any other student organization, so yes that would be a reason, or one of the reasons, for them to have a shot at a house.

I haven’t seen any other student org do something anywhere near this caliber since I’ve been here.

@Anonymous It’ll take tens of thousands of dollars to do an event like this…. yet you think they’ll raise more money than any other student org?

not a realist at all.

@Anonymous His bootlegs and mashups are not that great (personally mashups get annoying especially if you do it too much). Yet his mixes he has been putting out are pretty good. Just a good typical DJ, 2 years from now we will be wondering who was 3LAU.

• lol says:

@lol who is this guy anyways

@Anonymous lol shouldnt the title be, not playing for Bacchanal or at Columbia, but playing FOR Columbia