Bwog Asked: What the Housing?

Keep dreaming, folks.

Keep dreaming, folks.

As per tradition, every week we at Bwog leave our meeting at the SGO every Sunday and go straight to Butler. You’d think we’d be studying, but we’re just annoying everyone who is.

This week, we covered the issue that is(n’t) on everyone’s mind: housing. We asked, “Housing selection starts in 3 days. How do you feel about that?” Here are some of our responses.

• Girl eating a salad on the 2nd floor: To be honest, I don’t know anything about it. I really need to do some research into it, I have no idea even how it works or what to do.
  • Girl in a Columbia sweatshirt, enthusiastically: I’m an RA! Suck it!”
  • Senior eating under the front painting: “It kinda makes me feel like I wish I had more time here…”
  • Guy on the fourth floor: “Wait it starts in three days? Jesus Christ. Like we have to know, know?”
  • Guy on the fourth floor: “I didn’t even know that was happening…”
  • Guy on the fourth floor: “Um…I’m good how are you? Oh wait about housing? Everything is confusing to me.”
  • Two girls studying in 310: “Uhhhh, I’m a senior.” “And I’m studying abroad.”
  • Stressed girl in the ref room: OH FUCK!”
  • Girl in ref room: “I’m a senior, but I’m so happy that I’m done with the killing each other drama of housing.”
  • Guy in 308 who didn’t seem to understand what we meant by housing at first/might be GS:
    “I’m not very content where I’m at right now. I think I’m going to look for some place downtown.”
  • Girl in ref room: “I don’t really know yet. I want a single but I don’t know my options…”
  • Probably a Barnard girl: Well I think housing is different and far superior for Barnard students.”
  • Peacoated girl: Three days? I don’t have a roommate yet, I’m freaking the fuck out.”
  • Guy with lots of buttons: “I have so many other things on my mind that I just don’t even give a shit.”

How your lottery numbers are picked via Shutterstock

• yo says:

@yo housingatcu.com

• Frustrated Transfer says:

@Frustrated Transfer GIVE BARNARD TRANSFERS HOUSING.

@Anonymous Um, no.

2. bc says:

@bc I believe everyone at Barnard has been placed, both semesters this year. I mean, it sucks that some of that happened in the weeks leading up to housing, but still.

• Grace Rosen CC 14 says:

@Grace Rosen CC 14 Are we internet friends but not real life friends? Are you looking for a non-deranged stranger to join your almost full ruggles/ec/claremont suite? About me: I’m a senior toting that precious 3 point value and I bring with me a full set of dishes and silverware and a lot of Christmas lights. Big on wine, low on drama. Give me a single and I’ll give you the promise of a quiet suitemate who will happily chat over dinner but won’t wake you up at 4 am with a big ruckus.

Sincerely,

Trying not to mix housing hell with friendships.

gar2117@columbia.edu

1. omg grace says:

@omg grace grace is like the nicest person ever! she is so much fun and has the best wine. any 4 person senior group would be doing themselves a disservice by not taking her and risking claremont or regroup.

-a fellow feddie

• senior says:

@senior WAHHHHHHHHHHH :(

• eric feder is the housing god says:

@eric feder is the housing god is bwog going to post anything useful about housing in the near future, or are you leaving that all to spec’s eric feder?

• All these people says:

@All these people will end up in Wien, somehow or other. Even if they’re seniors.

It's laughable that there are already "scientific" papers on "long term covid 19 effects" where "long term" means a couple (read more)
    Everything We Know About Columbia’s Reopening Plan (As Of 7/28/2020)
    August 3, 2020
    >Mrs. Rand is that you? Says the individual who got to have a job and make a living during the (read more)
    Everything We Know About Columbia’s Reopening Plan (As Of 7/28/2020)
    August 3, 2020
    You mean Cuomo's nursing home patients. All well into their 80s or morbidly obese. Also hospitals in the suburbs and (read more)
    Everything We Know About Columbia’s Reopening Plan (As Of 7/28/2020)
    August 3, 2020
    I respect Obama and I have blog in instagram about him. Sometimes I get insta likes from https://soclikes.com/ I just (read more)
    BREAKING: Obama to Speak at Barnard’s Commencement