Today was Commencement for the entire University, where all graduates were made official and all deans made nerdy inside jokes about their schools. Read on for memorable quotes, pictures, and videos.
Remember: tonight the Empire State Building will be lit up Columbia blue and white. And more importantly, Bwog is proud of you.
- “It is a well-known fact: the smarter you are, the more you can procrastinate.”
- “I sometimes imagine I’m president of a dating service.”
- “Being at a university means never saying ‘well that’s just what I believe.'” … “Imagine how different the world would be if people entered conversations willing to change their opinion.”
- “I believe no generation has faced a world with more promise than yours right now.”
- “I hope you will always remain the brilliant students you have been with us.”
Deantini: “The pen is mightier than the sword, but we know Columbia College students are mighty good with both the pen and the sword.”
Goldean: “They are the hardhatted, hammer-waving students who will lead the world in engineering and applied sciences.”
DSpar: “The brilliant, the bold, the dazzling, and the ever beautiful women of Barnard College.”
Dean Awn: “These students are deeply indebted…..to the faculty!”
George L. Van Amson (Chair of CAA): “Stand Columbia as Columbia stands with you.”